RDR2 Mods I like so far

Started by PZ, January 22, 2024, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The best thing I have installed to make playing easy and less tedious is a trainer. I've also installed a mod that increases the bounty side missions, and another called Contracts that lets you track down people and assassinate them to receive payment.

I just installed a dog companion mod which makes me feel good because it is nice to have a companion accompany you on your excursions.

The Instant Travel mod is also useful if you don't want to travel long distances on horseback. All you do to activate it is to set a waypoint, then start traveling on your horse, hit the cinematic key and a prompt appears that lets you hit the spacebar any time you want to leave traveling and instantly appear at the waypoint.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty neat. I forgot all about the cinematic travel. Thing is, you can't just set that and walk away for a bit, because if you happen to wander past some bandits or a bear or mountain lion, you could be attacked in that mode. So you had to watch anyway, a fast travel option would be nice.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

It is kind of nice because I can focus on the game play and not need to do the long road trips to a destination.

I'm currently on the Nexus and there are 96 pages of RDR2 mods!  ???

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah Nexus has tons for every game, and if the RDR2 mod list is like any other game I've looked at, probably 75% or more are "sexy" or "nude" mods lol. Of course these can be filtered out haha
D_B

PZ

PZ

Well, I finished the Arthur part of the game, then started and finished the John Marston part. I do not think I ever got that far the first time I played the game, and it has been an excellent experience!  Because of the trainer and mods, I have actually downloaded a game save starting in chapter two so I can go at it again!

This is still one of the most visually beautiful games I have played, and I can imagine playing through a few times at least  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I never even got close to the end of the first part, the story just left me cold. But I guess there's a bunch of side quests too, of which I did none of them. There were certain things in the game that I just didn't like. But it is a very nice looking game for sure.
D_B

PZ

I must have been doing the same as you back in the day because I do not recall even starting the Marston section (really quite good actually). Another game (likely one of the AC games) released and I left RDR2 wherever I was and never returned until now.

Tags:
🡱 🡳