MudRunner

Started by PZ, May 04, 2024, 05:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Although I cannot drive a big truck in real life, I kind of like the idea of a big truck simulation. 

The game is discounted 80% on Steam at $3.99 for the base game or only a dollar more if you get the American Wilds edition:

MudRunner - American Wilds Edition
Includes 4 items: MudRunner, MudRunner - American Wilds Expansion, MudRunner - The Ridge DLC, MudRunner - The Valley DLC 

Dweller_Benthos

I've watched some vids of Mudrunner and it's copy cat, Snowrummer. There was some kind of weird corporate shenanigans going on between the two where one developer left to make a similar game, something whatever. I think there was another game as well, or it might have just been the early access version of one of those, I didn't follow all the convoluted paths it went through before it was released. Anyway, it can be a very frustrating game, as getting your cargo where it needs to go is sometimes blocked by nearly impassible obstacles and if you don't take the exact correct route, you will have a bad day. It's funny watching a streamer or youtuber get mad and frustrated at the game. The trucks are cool too, some things you'd never see in the USA which are really weird Soviet era monstrosities. You'd think a mammoth truck with 4 feet of clearance and 8 wheel drive would be able to get through anything but you'd be wrong lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm just barely started in the game, and have added a few Nexus mods, mostly improving the graphics. I must say they look really good now, especially the tires. Vanilla they look like unfinished graphic blobs, and the mud is hardly recognizable. With the graphical re-do, the mud now looks almost like you are watching a movie of the real thing - it flows properly as the tires move through in a very realistic way.

I'm not positive I'll enjoy the game to it's fullest, but at the price (80% off), it was not too much to get me familiar with the franchise.  I'm actually more interested in SnowRunner, and Expeditions because of the massively updated graphics.

Expeditions reminds me of a segment in Uncharted 4 in which the characters headed off into the desert wilderness - the scenes were fantastic, and this new game (Expeditions) looks very much like it, but has the added benefit of being open world unlike Uncharted.

Dweller_Benthos

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳