Fallout 4 update today: 4/25/24

Started by PZ, April 25, 2024, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

What time does the new Fallout 4 update come out?

The Fallout 4 update was released on Thursday, April 25, 2024 at 7AM PDT / 10AM EDT / 3PM BST. The game's last major update was in November 2017, and saw the update drop later than April 2024's, at around 9AM PDT / 12PM EDT / 5PM BST.

New Creation Club Content Free for Everyone
Enclave Remnants

Some say the past is a scar, cut across the skin of the Commonwealth. Others believe it's a scab clotted over an unhealed wound. Those who fought the Enclave, and those who serve them subscribe to the latter. And when the scab is broken the flag of this old-world cabal will once more stand at full mast. Unless of course, you stop them first. Features the classic Enclave Colonel uniform and over a dozen workshop items! If you have other Enclave creations installed, some of these troops may use this equipment against you!

(Quest "Echoes of the Past" starts on the road north of Saugus Ironworks.)

Armor and Weapon bundle

• X-02 Power Armor
  • Hellfire Power Armor
  • Heavy Incinerator
  • Tesla Cannon
  • Enclave Weapon Skins
  • Enclave Armor Skins

Makeshift Weapon Pack

Whether it be grenades or piggy banks, there's no shortage of objects you can transform into murderous projectiles with this collection of unique weapons. Included are two grenade launchers, a Nail Gun, Baseball Launcher, Saw Blade launcher, and piggy bank based weaponry.

(Quest "When Pigs Fly" starts at a merchant workshop northwest of Greenetech Genetics.)

Halloween Workshop

On the eve of the end, the New England Technocrat Society has thrown a spooky Halloween gala for anyone with the nerve to attend. Drop in on this fa-boo-lous pumpkin-lit soiree replete with witches, cauldrons, and ghouls, and unlock 38 new spine-tingling Halloween props to decorate your settlement! Includes new wearables, such as the iconic De-Capitalist helmet!

(Quest "All Hallow's Eve" starts by tuning into the Mysterious Signal on your Pip-Boy.)

Changes and New Features

• Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
  • Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
  • Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.
    *When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.
    *When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode

• Release on Epic Store.
  • Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support.
  • Steam Deck Verified
  • 9 Free Creation Club Items. Enclave Remnants (New!), Enclave Weapon Skins, Enclave Armor Skins, Tesla Cannon, Hellfire Power Armor, X-02 Power Armor, Heavy Incinerator, Halloween Workshop (New!), Makeshift Weapon Pack (New!).
  • Added "Installed Content" menu.

Bug Fixes

• Resolved issues preventing Japanese and Chinese users from connecting to Bethesda.net (this restores access to Mods).
  • Resolved issue preventing save data from properly loading during the prologue.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the Vault 111 Door from opening on new games.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the quest "Go Home" from advancing.
  • Resolved issue that could result in Codsworth being broken on the ground after fast traveling.
  • Resolved issue with mipmaps in DLC.
  • Resolved issue that could result in a softlock when in dialogue with Prestson Garvey.
  • Resolved issue preventing autosaves while fast traveling in Power Armor.
  • Fixed issue where text would occasionally disappear in the Creation Club menu.
  • Resolved issues with text formatting in the credits in Japanese and Chinese.
  • Resolved issue causing the camera to fail when leaving furniture after an extended time.
  • Fixed issue that could misplace quest markers while the VR Workshop Creation was installed alongside Automatron.
  • Resolved issue with player movement in some underwater areas at Thicket Excavations.
  • Resolved issue that could cause corruption within the Settlement system resulting in wrong resource counts and/or destroyed settlements.
  • Resolved issue where the "Level Up" notification would display even if there was not a level up available.
  • Fixed some flickering in Vault 111.
  • Stability improvements.

PC Only

• Resolved issue preventing saves being made under Windows Usernames with Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese characters.

Creation Kit

• Removed non-functional "Hot Load" button. Removed non-functional "Material Editor" button.
  • Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
  • Resolved crash that could occur while viewing a quest's Objectives tab.
  • Resolved hang that could occur while adding a reference to a layer.

Rate Up
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
NEW
POSTEDdiscounts on Bundles. From now through October 26 you'll get 50% off any Bundle purchases.

PZ

Well, I downloaded the massive update (14.46 gb). Will shortly be checking my mods.

Guess how long it took:
Normally it would have taken me most of the day at 1-2 Mbps, but with the T-Mobile Internet I managed to complete the update in about 10 minutes at 90-120 Mbps. In the off time (not the main part of the day) the download would have taken about 5 minutes. I sure do like this cell phone Internet!

Here is a pic of the screen after first load:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Mine worked but I have to unplug my controller as it blocks my mouse working so I couldn't even click the OK button on the initial dialog box. Other than that, loaded fine.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I've wondered about using a controller like the PlayStation kind (because I am accustomed to that). I tried one a few years ago and it did not feel right so I don't use it. How do you like yours, and which did you purchase?

Dweller_Benthos

I just have a basic XBox controller, nothing special. Most games can hot swap while playing between it and mouse & keyboard, but apparently Fallout 4 can only see the mouse if there is no controller whatsoever. About par for course on a Bethesda game I guess.

I like it well enough, it gets the job done when I need analog input while driving for example, or flying a ship.
D_B

PZ

I might try one of my old controllers again, or maybe get a new one. I find driving very difficult for me e.g., GTA5

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah driving with a keyboard can be tough, as it's either full on or full off, there's no in between. A controller being analog gives you much more finesse in how much you input. I think I paid $35 for my XBox controller, and it works well enough, I expect a Playstation controller is not much different if you're more used to that button layout. Mine is wired because I don't want to bother with charging batteries but if that's not an issue, then it does give more freedom of movement.
D_B

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Can't help you there!  :laughsm:

Did you look under the bed? In the closet? Yeah? OK I'm all out of ideas.
D_B

PZ

:laughsm:

Funny thing is that I've looked in the closets!

My problem is that I have technology all over the place - in fact, one might call me a technology hoarder because I still have old floppy disks, etc. I can't even count the number of computers I have scattered about because I never get rid of them!

Dweller_Benthos

Then you bring a new one home and the wife gives you "that look" LOL!
D_B

PZ

:laughsm:

man, you are so right! Sometimes I think to hide it from her, but then realize I'd be better off taking my licks right now rather than have to suffer the uncertainty of being discovered later.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on May 03, 2024, 05:06:03 PMSometimes I think to hide it from her, but then realize I'd be better off taking my licks right now rather than have to suffer the uncertainty of being discovered later.

It's like pulling off a band-aid. Better to rip it off quick and get it over with :gnehe:

I'm reluctant to get that update because from what I can gather, it's of very little benefit to PC players and it might even break more than it fixes. I don't have any mods and my game is running just fine as it is (the odd snafu can almost always be dealt with using the PC version's built-in dev console) and I tend to be of the "if it ain't broke, don't mess with it" school.

PZ

I definitely understand reluctance to do an update when nothing is broken. I had a few mods installed and nothing appeared to be broken, but you never know. This is a short list of some of the new things in the game:

• Armor and Weapon bundle
  • X-02 Power Armor
  • Hellfire Power Armor
  • Heavy Incinerator
  • Tesla Cannon
  • Enclave Weapon Skins
  • Enclave Armor Skins

Last night I went to some place and some guy in the Hellfire Power Armor came at me with a flamethrower, and it sure did feel like I was under "Hell fire"

I'm slowly adding back some of the old mods I liked and nothing appears to be wrong (keeping fingers crossed)

Dweller_Benthos

There's also a small new quest, I think? When I booted up the game just to see if it worked, a bunch of quests popped up for me but I'm not sure if those are added by mods or not.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳