Fallout 4 update today: 4/25/24

Started by PZ, April 25, 2024, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

There appears to be seven new quests if Gamespot is correct:

Quote from: GamespotThe next-gen update in Fallout 4 delivered an incredible amount of content for a nearly 10-year-old game. There are seven new quests, two sets of Power Armor, several weapons, and other cosmetics you can find and use in the Commonwealth. All of the content is enjoyable to explore and unlock, and it's certainly a reason to come back to Fallout 4 all these years later.

This links to the Gamespot article detailing everything new in the big update

I just completed one called "Speak of the Devil" in which one ultimately harvests the X-02 armor. This beast is quite a bit stronger than T-60, and the quest itself was quite fun, taking you to several places on the map

Here is a snapshot of where I found it:

You cannot view this attachment.

Dweller_Benthos

Ah nice, yeah I wasn't sure what was going on when all those quests popped up, because I know some of the mods I had added some as well. Once the script extender gets updated, I'll take a look at it more closely.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I don't know much about the script extender so I guess I'll have some time to figure it out

Dweller_Benthos

About all you need to know about the script extender is that some mods need it to run, so if you aren't interested in any mods that need it, you don't need it either. It is a bit different than a normal mod, as it's a set of files that you drop into your FO4 install folder, then you run it's version of the game program and not the official one. It then runs the game and adds in it's own code, because of this, it can look like a virus to anti-virus programs but it's quite safe.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Thanks D_B; good to know

I do not need it because I always check the requirements of a mod before installing, and have not encountered anything so far.

Tags:
🡱 🡳