nVidia GeForce RTX 4060

Started by PZ, September 03, 2024, 09:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I want to upgrade the graphics on my old gaming PC so I can play some of the more recent games. Does anyone know of a place where one can get a GeForce RTX 4060 for a reasonable price?

I found this one at Newegg, but I do not know if it is the best deal: MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 4060 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x8 ATX Video Card RTX 4060 VENTUS 2X BLACK 8G OC

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't know anything much about the 40 series cards. Though I think the 4060 was the one they tried to pull a fast one and created two versions, one with less RAM and still called it a 4060 even though it wasn't as fast as the one with more RAM. Or something like that. I do see a 16GB version and most of the rest are 8GB, but the 16GB will cost a hundred or so more. Going up to a 4070 nearly doubles the price, yikes.

There's also the issue of whether your power supply can handle one of the new cards, back in the day a 500W supply was enough but the newer cards can draw a couple hundred watts by themselves so you need to be sure your PSU has the juice. At least the 4060 looks like it has the "old" style connector and not the new one that keeps melting on people.

But even if a 4060 isn't the fastest and greatest right now, it's probably a lot better than what you've got in there currently.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Thanks much D_B - I forgot to take into account the power supply!

Tags:
🡱 🡳