Destiny 2

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

It could have been better. Bungie was stuck with old developer tools and couldn't make changes fast back then. With the release of Beyond Light, much better patching, they managed to fix some gamebreakers fairly quickly for the new raid.

Next thing on my bucket list is the Eyes of Tomorrow. Yes, they did what the community never thought they would do. They made another Gjallarhorn rocket launcher. :anigrin:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

The eyes of tomorrow, yes, of course, it has eyes looking out in all directions! But it is nice how it tracks targets and you just pop out six rockets and they do their thing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Yeah  :anigrin: Need to do the raid though :(

LowPolyOWG

First TWAB of the year :)

New reward system, scrapping tokens entirely. Anyway, getting upgrade materials outside of gunsmith bounties kinda nice and the chance for an exotic very nice too  :)

LowPolyOWG

Some screenshots from the Deep Stone Crypt raid

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Huh, interesting map design. I died during the second boss fight in the airlock. The camera then glitched, showing the map in this sector

Space elevator ride

Taniks, reborn. End raid boss

The Eyes of Tomorrow, with its ornament, Yesterday's Augur. I haven't got it, despite clearing the raid 6 times already  :banghead:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Is it supposed to be something you get or a random drop that you just have to grind for? I hate those. I'm currently grinding (well not really, but whatever) for the Brotherhood recon armor in Fallout 76. Got everything but the left arm and leg. Any day now would be nice ....
D_B

Art Blade

yeah, it's annoying if you have to fight RNGs instead of NMEs.

LowPolyOWG

Yep, it's like a 5% drop rate from the end boss :banghead:

Anyway, I have gotten some of the raid exclusive guns with some nice perk combos :)

Out for a space walk above Europa

The hand cannon from the raid.

The shotgun

The raid machine gun :)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Nice you got something, but that drop rate is terrible. Especially if it's a long raid that takes a while.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

With an experienced team, doable in less than 1 hour. Also, you can save the last checkpoint before fighting Taniks, so no need to spend additional time.

You do a normal run first. Then, the raid leader saves the checkpoint by leaving and rejoining on a different character. This allows you to repeat the boss fight as many times you want. However, the exotic can only drop on the first clear every week. With three characters, you have three weekly attempts to get the Eyes of Tomorrow. Doing additional runs reward "spoils of conquest". This allows you to purchase certain raid exotics that cannot be gotten anymore, or the raid weapons again (if you get a bad perk combo).

Spoils are capped at 240, but you pay like 20 spoils for the normal loot, while raid exotics costs 120.

How a flawless playthrough of the raid look :)

Dweller_Benthos

Less than an hour? Geez and I thought the daily ops in Fallout 76 at 8 minutes were bad! Well, 8 minutes is the cutoff for getting the best loot, 12 minutes then next and then I think 15 minutes. I've done them solos in just over the 8 minute cutoff, but almost always get it under 12 minutes. A decent team can get it done in just over five. But also, once a week? Wow they don't want you to get that gun, do they?
D_B

Art Blade

they misunderstood the meaning of "promoting customer loyalty."

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 04, 2021, 07:48:50 AM
    But also, once a week? Wow they don't want you to get that gun, do they?

Yeah, the pinnacle reward is only available once per week on your characters.

Before removing the raid Scourge of the Past, they did the following for the raid exotic Anarchy and One Thousand Voices:

QuoteRaid Rewards
    The following raid Exotics now have increased drop chances:

• One Thousand Voices
    • Anarchy
    Always on Time (Exotic Sparrow from secret chest in Scourge of the Past)
    NOTE: Drop chance begins at 10% and increases to a max of 50% over 20 clears.[/list]

So, the drop chance increased by 2.5% for every weekly clear until you hit 50, then you could potentially get the gun.

For the Eyes of Tomorrow:

If Bungo kept the same values, then you would need around ~13 weeks of raiding across three characters to get a guaranteed drop. However, you only need to get it once, as you can retrieve it again from the Collections tab on your other characters. Still, it's possible that you are super unlucky and need 99 clears to get it.

Tags:
    🡱 🡳