Destiny 2

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Count me as the super unlucky, so yeah 99 tries - wait is that once a week? So two years almost? Even if it's across three characters, that's 3 hours a week and you're down to 33 weeks, or is my math bad as usual?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

I initally assumed a +1% addition. However, if Bungie use the same numbers as mentioned he in the quote, a 2.5% chance means you need 40 weekly raid completions for it. With three chars, you get a chance increase of 7.5% per week. Giving you 13 weeks for a guaranteed drop. 40 if you only have 1 char.

I only do the weekly clear on my three chars (no additional raid runs for spoils) and from my 6 clears, my chance has increased by 15% in total. It's probably either 20% or 25% now. Without proper values, kinda hard to figure out proper numbers  :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Still sounds like a lot of no chance at all to me  ::)
D_B

Art Blade

agree.. if I play ONE mission like those I expect something like that gun to drop. Otherwise I'd say, sod that whole concept because it's not for your fun, it's for them to milk you and put you in chains and never let you go.

LowPolyOWG

Well, big changes are happening for Bungie and they sunset sunsetting 8) Basically, with the release of Beyond Light, older gear was made redundant by limiting their item level (ilevel for short). However, the playerbase was not happy, as that meant scrapping your current gear for new gear, with the same perks. This is typically done in MMOs, to push players forward with new items. With sunsetting being put on hold, any gear with a max ilevel of 1310 will now be uncapped for the time being. They still need to balance the game out in some areas.

What is Bungie/Bungo doing? They are expanding their offices in Bellevue and they will open up an office dedicated for marketing in the Netherlands. Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy are no longer directors for Destiny as a game. They will rather oversee the franchise as a whole, whether it be alternate media for Destiny (TV shows/merchandise etc). The new directors are Justin Truman and Joe Blackburn (lead raid designer for Deep Stone Crypt). It's been a running gag with the community that Luke is destroying the game, with some of the weird decisions being attributed to him. Certainly, game directors and designers can have an impact on how the game will evolve.

The Witch Queen, which was supposed to be this year's expansion is delayed until early 2022.

BUNGIE PREPARES FOR FUTURE GROWTH IN 2021

DESTINY 2021 UPDATE: THE ROAD TO THE WITCH QUEEN

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 06, 2020, 07:54:43 AM
Honed Edge, like the edge of a sword? LOL, I tell you, it's a gun-sword!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

They actually made it into a sword-gun :D

12-player raid glitch :anigrin:

The remnants of Taniks, after you beat him. So far, no exotic :banghead:

New Nigthfall Ordeal strke specific weapon. It's a machine gun that was ported from D1. Other weapons is a hand cannon and an auto rifle. They are on a weekly rotation. This week is the hand cannon, then the machine gun will be available next week

Art Blade

it's a tragedy that you still haven't got that exotic which you've been hoping for. :(

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I hate that RNG. Same goes in Fallout 76, there's a set of Brotherhood Recon armor you can get from the daily ops that I'm still missing the left arm & leg for. Though I don't do the daily ops even on a weekly basis anymore since the current season ended. If I never get those, no big really I hardly ever change armor anymore anyway.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Destiny/WitchQueen

Lots of stuff going to change in February next year. Also, they will add the Gjallarhorn into Destiny 2 8) ???

PZ

I've never played a Destiny game, but that trailer sure looks good!

Tags:
🡱 🡳