No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

After some AFK to let crops grow, I had enough circuit boards to boost my total over 150 million. I could go out and buy a cheap freighter, but I think I'll keep making more circuit boards and see how high I can get.

In the mean time, I'm still doing missions to get points with the three guilds in order to get the information I need. One of them was to scan mineral deposits. Since I had already scanned most of the minerals on the planets I'd already been to, I went to a new system and started scanning there. Met up with more flying cows (an example on the left in the pic below) and this big guy, who's a bit ... horny?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

I played for quite a while this morning, get ready for a fairly large picture dump, I found some cool things.

I was still doing missions to get the ranks needed with the guilds to get the next part of the Artemis quest and those are pretty straight forward. The Vy'keen want you to kill things, so find a planet with a lot of animals and have at it. I like these the least. I don't like killing the creatures I find unless they attack me first, and then if I can avoid it, I just run away from them. But you gotta do what you gotta do, so I finished those, at least I think I'm done with them. The Korvax want you to scan things, so finding new planets is what you need. Looking on the star map, I recalled something posted on reddit, that the stars with colors like green or red usually had more interesting planets, so I picked a red star. I think the above shot of the horny guy is in this system, as is the moon of this planet, which was called, I think, "malfunctioning". Well, when I landed, it was a bit strange, weird soap bubble things floating all over the place.

At night, they almost go invisible

They float around and can't be interacted with. The spherical nodules on the ground in the first pic are iron deposits.

Then, flying around, I came across this thing.

Some sort of information storage, you get a bit of story and the usual random ramblings about how the sentinels came about and the nature of the universe, nothing special really. But they are big, as you can see by my ship parked next to it.

Of course, you can't put a giant hoop like that in the world and not expect me to fly through it....

I thought I had found something special, but turns out on this type of planet, they are the only structure you find. I found a bunch more just flying around.

I looked for a portal on this moon, but the scanner didn't find any, but it did find one on the main planet, so if anyone wants to go there, here's the address.

Turns out that wasn't the only weird planet in this system, another planet was listed as decaying or something like that, I forget right now, will look it up next time I run the game. Anyway, it also has a bunch of these hoop things and weird floating iron deposits.

On another planet in this system, one with an ocean, found some actual aquatic creatures that look like an octopus with 16 tentacles. What would that be? A sedecipus?

Flying around on the floating obelisk planet, I joined a convoy of ships for a little while...

Another planet in this system looked like the landscape from a classic old western film; sand, cactus and strange rock formations. Oh yeah and clown-colored six-legged wolf-cow-antelope creatures.

At night, the strange rock formations start to look like faces and other shapes in the gloom, but get up close and it's just rocks....

That's it for the picture dump. I'm working toward 200 million from my circuit board farm. Along with doing missions and selling nanites, probably won't be too much longer before I can afford that 300 million freighter.
D_B

Art Blade

wow, that was quite a show. :thumbsup: :)

I want to see one of those crystal planets you once posted about but damn, I like the bubbles even better. Thanks for the address, I'll definitely try to get there now that we're in the same system :)

fragger

Great pics, D_B :thumbsup:

The NMS universe has certainly become more diverse since the last time I played. I might get back into it once my FO4 jones has paled - whenever that may be.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Look for red stars when you travel somewhere. The glass planet I posted about a while ago was also in a red star system. Most of the systems I've been to are yellow stars, there was one blue one that wasn't too exciting as I recall, and the two red stars that have had weird planets.
D_B

Art Blade

In my game I've got something like a radar or sensor that allows me to filter, like economy and density of population and how dangerous a system is, and that is colour-coded. I can switch it off respectively show the map without filters and then the systems are also coloured.

I assume that you're referring to "red" in a non-filtered view, right?

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I don't have the scanners for economy and whatnot, don't even know where they go or how to make them. Which is holding me back on one mission as it says to install a scanner to find a system where I can get the needed materials to finish the quest. But I have no scanner blueprints that I haven't already built that I know of. Do they install on the multi-tool or on the ship?

Anyway, yes, the stars themselves have a color when looking at them in the galactic map view. The red ones are easier to spot. Also, on your discoveries screen, the little icon on the left side that shows the system will have a colored dot in the center showing what color the star in that system is.
D_B

Art Blade

OK cheers. The scanners belong into a ship. They w0#k for that ship only. I had one in a fighter, landed in my freighter and wondered why it didn't w0#k anymore, that's how I found out. I installed one on the freighter, too, and then I could scan the galaxy again with those filters.

Dweller_Benthos

OK, cool, do they go in the technology slot? Could be since my ship doesn't have any, I don't have the option to install one. If so, I'll have to edit the save game and give my ship some tech slots.
D_B

Art Blade

you can put those anywhere and yes, they also fit into the tech slots.

Dweller_Benthos

OK, well, I don't have the blueprint to make any and no one has offered to sell me one yet.
D_B

Art Blade

here, the blueprint:

"savegame editor."

:anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳