No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the wiki article explains it quite well. I guess it's a style of music that has quite a following.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiptune

I'm in the process of upgrading my explorer ship to have a high end hyper drive. Different ship types have had different stats for a while now, I just never did anything about it. But the explorer class has the highest hyper jump capability if upgraded fully. So I tore out the hyper drive upgrades from my hauler and put as many as I could in the explorer. I now have to buy upgrades from stations to max out the stats. I think a 3,000 light year jump is the highest you can get. Right now mine is at 185 or so, it will be interesting to see how the upgrades affect the jump range as I acquire them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

interesting. I wonder, do ships still take random damage just because the hyper jump was used? With upgrades for 3k LY the damage might be ship-wrecking :-X

LowPolyOWG

I jumped on the NMS train about 2-3 weeks ago, so here are some screenshots. Since I can't really bother with stuff, I decided to get a trainer and the save editor, to give myself an easy start :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

No, not my first ship, but I decided to warp 700K lightyears to the closest planet towards the center of the galaxy

Easy translate hack made it possible to understand him :gnehe:

3rd Freighter :)

Poking with the TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML, I decided to break the FOV limit to a fisheye 140 :anigrin:

Warping in my first spaceship
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

the colours are amazing, aren't they :) Good start there, G :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. Well, took them long enough to get the game in an enjoyable state.

LowPolyOWG

Apparently, I broke expeditions with the save editor :laughsm:

Increasing the speed data for frigates allows them to travel faster, reducing the amount of time needed for an expedition. Combine with travel time reduction "perks"/fuel oxidizer and stack multiple ships, you can have expeditions with a duration of 0h, 0m and 0s  :laughsm:

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty cool, I never bothered much to look at what you can do for frigates in the save editor, since I just put them out on an expedition and forget about them until the next day.

Art: No, things don't randomly break from hyper jumps, I don't think they ever did, or it was very rare. Using a black hole will break something on your ship, but a normal hyper jump doesn't that I've seen.
D_B

Art Blade

AH! I was thinking of black holes but thought it was for every hyper jump. Thanks! :)

LowPolyOWG

You will get a random component damaged if you do an emergency hyper jump though ;)

Negative expedition time :laughsm:

My base

Art Blade

nice. :)

So your ships will be back two hours before they leave? :D

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

haha that's pretty funny, they are so fast, they get back before they leave!

Nice base too! I visited there when I joined you but since you weren't close enough, most of the terrain edits didn't show, so it was buried still. Unless that was an old base.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

You can ride a flying creature if they are the type to stay close to the ground:

D_B

Art Blade

cool as it is to ride a flying creature, THAT pic.. NMS looks so ridiculous at times :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

It is pretty funny. The other type of this creature doesn't have the split open head like that and you just kind of disappear into it's head. So yeah, procedural generation and all that lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳