No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

That's a nice spot, D_B :thumbsup: Probably about as close as you'll get to finding a tropical paradise-type location in NMS :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's pretty cool, I looked around for quite a while for a place to build, then had to find one with a close by power source. Now when the building bug gets me again, I have a place to fool around with some of the underwater stuff that I've never used.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

haha, have fun :) I had excessive building bouts myself already, including under water. I wouldn't mind a screenshot or two when you've built something nice :)

Dweller_Benthos

It might be a while, but you never know! I will post when I do get something done.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

A couple shots of riding some weird creatures. I should have named this one "No I'm not overcompensating-saurus"

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This is about the smallest creature I've been able to ride.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

fragger

"No I'm not overcompensating-saurus" :D :thumbsup:

That animal has a weird head, like half an eight-ball on each side of its neck :huh-new:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

New update has living ships and other fun stuff:

D_B

Art Blade

reminds me of Babylon 5 and Kosh's (living) ship. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the other comparison people have mentioned is to a show called Farscape, with the living ship named Moya and her son Talyn. That was a weird show, most of the aliens were done by the same effects company that did the muppets, Henson effects or something like that. Forget the guy's first name, Chris or Charles or similar. Jeff? I dunno, I could look it up. Oh yeah just came to me, Jim Henson.

But anyway, I already had the egg from a previous quest, now it's taking me to various places to hatch it I suppose. I need to find a few things and then I guess you need to wait for it to grow. You can also find them in one of the other galaxies, which I already have a base in, so I could go there and maybe find one. Thing is, you can still only have six ships so I'd have to get rid of some, I've already scrapped one of my exotic S class ships to make room for this new one, and I don't really want to get rid of the other two. The other three ships are all non-exotic ships but either S class or ones I've upgraded to S class, which costs a lot of money (cost me almost half a BILLION to upgrade my explorer to S class and give it more cargo and technology slots to max out it's hyper drive) so yeah I don't want to get rid of that. My S class fighter is also heavily upgraded and my day-to-day ship that makes short w0#k of pirates because it's fully upgraded with weapons and armor. The only other ship is my hauler, also S class but also fully upgraded with full cargo slots and it looks cool. So I don't have room for more ships.
D_B

Art Blade

I remember Farscape and I never liked it :D

The limit of six ships is another example of a game design decision that I'll never understand. They've got galaxies with gazillion of stars and planets, uncountable amounts of manned alien space ships, you get a freighter that can be the size of a small town and there, on your freighter, everyone can come and go as they please with parking slots for those unknown ships that make your ship look like a beehive yet YOU, you're not allowed more than six ships. "Impossible that players want more than the ship they're flying and a freighter as a mobile base. But let's be generous and allow them a whopping number of ships they may own, like SIX."

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah a lot of people on reddit are complaining about the limit now, as many long time players have already maxed out their ships and like me, don't want to get rid of one. So I bit the bullet and got rid of the one exotic that wasn't as "special" as the other two.

As it was, I came across a crashed ship while out exploring and waiting for my new ship to grow, and decided I might as well grab it and scrap it for some money and parts. Well, it needed a piece of equipment to repair that I didn't have on me, so I decided to take off for the station to buy one, come back, repair it and then scrap it. So I jumped in my other ship and took off, and immediately remembered I'd never find that place again without dropping a marker, so I turned around and even though I looked, I couldn't find the crash site. Ah well, easy come easy go, so I left for my freighter and landed, thinking I'd probably not missed out on much, but there in my hangar bay was the crashed ship, still smoking and sputtering. Well, isn't that nice, so I popped upstairs and grabbed the thing I needed to fix it, got it going and trotted over to the station to scrap it. A couple million in monies, and a couple upgrades that will expand my other ship's cargo, and a couple upgrades that I could trade in for nanites and I was all set. It would be nice if we could have 8 ships at least, so we can have a couple extra spots to do stuff like that and still have a nice collection of cool ships. A freighter has 9 parking spaces, so having 8 player ships in there still leaves a spot open for NPCs to land that you can trade with.
D_B

Art Blade

cool story :anigrin:

They should invent something like garages in GTAV. You don't have to stuff your freighter with hundreds of ships but it should be possible to buy a couple more freighters to get additional parking slots. Apart from that it would at the time be cool to choose which freighter to use.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah another freighter or just more parking spots in the ones we have would be nice.

I've almost finished the living ship quest, just have to wait for the shell to harden which takes a real time day. Each of the three steps takes that amount of time to complete. Some people are complaining, but I don't mind, it's just enough mission to do in an hour or so, then I'm about done with playing anyway, so waiting a day to do the next part doesn't bother me too much. So I should have the living ship next time I log on. What I am impatient for is the update to the modding tools so I can get my regular mods loaded again. Of course, the last files that are converted are the ones I need to edit, lol.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳