No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

oh man.. this game really doesn't make it easy for us. Modding included.

Dweller_Benthos

The modding tools always lag behind, they have all but four of the files decoded, but of those four, two are the ones I need to edit the most, lol. Just the way it goes, since the mod tools are done for free by volunteers, you can't really complain.

I did the next chapter of the living ship quest, so I now have a brain, heart, and shell completed and just waiting on the next part to grow, I forget which bit it is though. I was taking video of all this with the thought of splicing it all together to get a final clip to show, but forgot to turn recording back on when I was making this new part, so I missed that bit, oh well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I got the final part of the puzzle last night, the "soul". You have to first make a container, easy enough, then follow the clues to the portal address (I looked them up lol) and go to a specific planet and harvest souls from graves. The former owners weren't very happy about it hehe. But that was a bit of a pain, going to specific graves to get the souls. Not every player has the same graves to go to, so the usual tricks for community missions doesn't w0#k, where the first people there leave markers all over the place so it's easy to find where you have to go. But this isn't the typical community mission either. So once I collected what I needed, it was already getting late so I went back to my freighter and quit the game for the night. But tonight I should have my living ship and then I'll see about editing together a video of the whole thing. Well, of course, except for the parts I forgot to record   
                                :confuse:
D_B

Art Blade

just insert a text overlay where parts are missing, like "here I forgot to record some stuff" and then continue the vid from there. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

That would actually be funny, one of those "Scene Missing" cards like they used to have in censored films. I was editing the video last night and found that I missed a bunch of stuff in getting the supplies for the first part of the quest. Ah well. I was briefly thinking of going to the place and buying the stuff again just to record it, but that feeling passed quickly.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Figured I'd post a screenshot of the new living ship since the video is taking forever ....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

Art Blade

weird thing, like a crossing between an eyeball and an oyster, with some tentacles for decoration. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Some people say they look like testicles ...... I don't know about that, and there are variations in structure and color as well. When you go to pick up the ship you can do a save scum and reload it as many times as you have patience for to get one you like best. I didn't do that, just took the luck of the draw.

And now for the epic world premiere of the Living Ship Quest video. I had left it to upload from the video editor like I normally do and went to get lunch but it failed for some reason. So it's uploading again, when it's ready it'll be at this link:

Be warned it's 37 minutes. I expect not many people will watch the whole thing or even some of it, but there it is.
D_B

Art Blade

I did, start to end, like always. :anigrin:

Go check out the comments section for that vid in YouTube (and read the vid description) it's kind of funny. ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it is, thanks for that! There's already 34 views on that which amazes me, I figured at most maybe 4 or 5 views tops. I don't know how long a video has to be watched to be counted as a "view" by youtube's standards, but there you go. Now to getting the upgrades to the ship which requires flying it around, you can't just buy them in the shop like regular upgrades. If you notice, when I first took of with it, I crash into the trees as it's not nearly as nimble as my S class fighter that I'm used to flying. Like the wise man once said "Looks like a fish, moves likes a fish, steers like a cow".
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Modding tools got updated finally, now I have almost all the mods I'm used to. The last one is a graphics mod that increases draw distance, but I have no idea how the person made it so I'll have to wait to see if they update it.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

756 views on that video currently. I really can't believe that long video is getting watched all the way through by that many people. But there you go. The few comments have been generally positive and a couple are from people having issues getting to the last planet to get the souls needed from the graves there. Apparently there are issues if you try to travel there from a galaxy other than the starting Euclid galaxy.

Also no mentions of the Easter egg joke I left in about using google to search for the coordinates needed to activate the portal. But it is just a split second of time so it might look like a fast transition, where all the rest in the video are smooth cross fades.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳