No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:gnehe:  :thumbsup:

I'll probably get a PS5 one of these days when they become available and of course, the price is no more than what Sony deemed the retail cost.

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't kept track of the console pricing, are they under the same shortages as PC components, especially video cards? Try to get lucky and buy it at retail or pay twice as much to a scalper.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Still mostly outrageous being 2-3 times retail. I'm not willing to pay a cent more than retail, but those places that are not scalping are almost immediately sold out.

I guess it will be a while before I get one.

Dweller_Benthos

Yep sounds about like trying to get a graphics card these days. Now the companies that make graphics cards are just increasing the base price to match the scalped price because they can.
D_B

PZ

Yeah, the same with all things. Other than the brisket I made the other day I've not had beef in nearly a year because it is so expensive. Chuck roast now is as much as tenderloin was two years ago.  :banghead:

Dweller_Benthos

Oh so that's why the take out place I got my beef stroganoff at last night was charging extra for it. We do w0#k for a lot of meat packing companies and they are all super busy, even frantic, trying to fill orders.
D_B

PZ

As it is right now I'm not purchasing beef other than that less than $4/lb until things recover.

Dweller_Benthos

You may be waiting a while, lol!
D_B

PZ

I'm afraid you are correct  :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 03, 2021, 10:00:18 AM
Yep sounds about like trying to get a graphics card these days. Now the companies that make graphics cards are just increasing the base price to match the scalped price because they can.

Nvidia have temporarily halted their RTX 3000 production atm just because of that :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

... or they didn't have a bitcoin miner lined up to sell them to in bulk instead of retail to a bunch of gamers who would actually enjoy them.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Latest update: Sentinels

https://www.nomanssky.com/sentinel-update/

Sentinels are now more varied and I guess you can get a sentinel "pet" to help you in combat. I didn't have a chance to try any of it out yet as I'm waiting for the decompiler to update so I can get my mods working again. Probably this weekend I'll try it at some point. Sounds like fun though.
D_B

PZ

I like the concept of a sentinel "pet" helping out as they look to be quite competent at helping. I may be imagining things, but the graphics seem to be more detailed and vivid.

Dweller_Benthos

They usually "boost" the graphics a bit for the videos, or more accurately, pick places and planets that have exactly the look they are going for to showcase the video in. These places can actually exist in the game, but generally tend to be more uncommon.
D_B

PZ

I was just curious because their former marketing videos did not seem so vivid.  :main_knockout:

Tags:
🡱 🡳