No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I got to play for a while over the weekend, did a few more quests. One was from my armory guy and he wanted me to track down and interrogate a pirate. So I went there, and it was an average looking Vy'keen sitting in his chair as they always do. Apparently he wasn't really a pirate, but under cover as a pirate and I just blew it for him. eh, too bad, so I went off to my armory guy and he now wants me to take on some sentinel outposts and destroy them. So, essentially, the quests for him are to do pretty much what you would be doing anyway.

Though I have another quest to set up a farmer who can farm stuff for me. Apparently, this is the new way to make serious money as you can grow the raw materials needed to make some expensive stuff to trade. But, apparently the market can get saturated and the price won't be so good after a while and you need to move on to another system to get a good price again. At least that's what Reddit says.

I did find the materials needed to make glass so my base can now have windows, which is cool.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Mostly last night I explored a couple new planets, seems these new ones generated after the recent updates have more stuff on them. Even the ones marked "sparse" for animals have a few to look at. Remember those crab like things that were almost always aggressive? Well, I was flying around and saw one near as big as a house. Shot it from the air and landed nearby, only to find it's a peaceful herbivore after scanning it's corpse. Then I saw a few more nearby and walked underneath them. These have a body like a scarab beetle, which is near as big as my ship, long tentacles and 8 or 10 giant legs. They pretty much ignore me, so that's nice, can't imagine the damage they'd do if they were to attack.

But I haven't done much in the way of the quests yet, I keep getting distracted. Going back and forth between systems isn't as much of a drag now, as long as you used the teleporter in the station, it now saves the last few places you've gone to, so if you want to go from your base to another system, just use the teleporter to go to the station and your ship will follow you and be there when you arrive. You can then take off from the station and visit the planets there. Getting the stuff I need for glass will be a lot easier that way.

Now for the next base building quest, I need to go to a Gek system and hire a farmer. After that I guess I can figure out what to farm to make the most money.
D_B

Art Blade

sounds almost playable now :anigrin:

fragger

It does. Maybe I'll have another go at it, and muck around with the graphic settings some more to try and get the frame rate up. I'll have to sort out that key-mapping conflict I was having too.

I don't have anything important to do today other than take the four-legged one for her morning walk, so maybe later I'll brew a bucket of coffee and give it a go. I'll have to start from scratch though. I wouldn't trust loading up my old save after all this time and change.

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on September 06, 2017, 04:05:41 PMI'll brew a bucket of coffee
:laughsm:

And indeed, I think a fresh start is recommendable. Although I hate losing ALL of my progress. Again.

I think I'll wait a little longer until this game is out of beta.  :gnehe:

fragger

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 06, 2017, 04:39:57 PM
I think I'll wait a little longer until this game is out of beta.  :gnehe:

:D :thumbsup:
"No hay luz"

PZ

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

OK what happened to my last post? I'm sure I posted something yesterday with the pictures I uploaded, or did I dream that? Something weird happen to the forum or something, and a page from this thread got lost?

Anyway, here it is again, maybe shorter as I forgot what I said, but I did some searching and met the new species, who's name I forget, or never knew, and they directed me to a grave:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Interacting with that gave me a hologram of the dead person, I guess, and a glyph for a portal. Portals teleport you to new planets and are part of the new quest line. I haven't found one yet.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

Art Blade

As far as I'm concerned, this topic has been up and going without any pages or posts lost.

Except yours, perhaps  :gnehe:

Cool, so finally we know what to do with those portals. Only need to know where they are now..

PZ

Nice, D_B  O0  I'd not seen that post before.

fragger

Very cool :thumbsup: Darn it D_B, you're making me want to try it out again...

Tags:
🡱 🡳