No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I have been busy on planets with aggressive and threatening sentinels all around. All forms of aggressive, none of "relaxed" states. They hate me. Still hate me. At least my multi-tool javelin add-on loves them. :evil2:

Of all the ships I came across, I like my old red fighter the most. Having read up on the cargo specs, I realised that for some reason (old savegame?) its tech slots are WAY more than usually possible. Apparently the tech slots range from 4 to 13 or so, I have 21.. however, I couldn't access my freighter's tech slots when I added more than 4, though. Maybe it was a glitch that I couldn't access them, maybe it was too many slots.. need to check that out again. Well. I just found out that my capital freighter has got only 25 cargo slots while it could have 34 -- going to fix that the next time I'm playing. :anigrin:

Here some random pics for you guys. Too lazy and tired now for big texts..  ;) All I'll say is that "pen and pencil" is an exotic ship and in front of it is a hauler (with those ball-shaped tanks for wings) which I bought, too -- pics taken inside my freighter. Funny, all my ships are by chance orange/red with black. And the exotic turned out to be exactly like my fighter, red and silver and black, lol. I did not mod that on purpose, it was either random or in case of the hauler, it landed just like that and I bought it because of the colour and the tanks (don't see that often), same with my old fighter, I bought it as it is. :anigrin: Only the freighter, I looked up seeds with pics and I was stunned when I saw it, I wanted exactly that one and now I've got it. The last pics is me landing on it with the exotic "Pen and Pencil." :) Note that the freighter can jump almost 4,000ly at once.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Cool photos mate :thumbsup: I like your fighter, looks like someone took the "wings" off Darth Vader's TIE fighter and stuck them on a Viper from Battlestar Galactica 8)

"Pen and Pencil" is certainly an exotic-looking bird! Many more design options have been created for ship generation since I last played, by the looks of it.

I don't think I'll be getting back into the game any time soon. Since getting the new rig, I don't have any saved games to launch from (I used to play offline) so I'd have to go right from the very beginning. I find that idea rather daunting, knowing what would be ahead of me. Anyway, I've got my hands full with FO4 :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Yea, nice shots, and some nice ships, too. That S-class "Pen and pencil"was 175million? Yikes.

I'm still taking a bit of a break, playing Wolfenstein II mostly. I'll get back to it eventually.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, guys. :)

Yep, the fighter design is extremely rare, I've only seen, and acquired, this one exemplar. Which is why I wanted to keep my savegame (among other reasons, for instance the galaxy isn't Euclid but Calypso -- some four or so galaxies away from Euclid, and I never find other player's discoveries -- IT'S ALL MINE :gnehe: )

The exotic ship would never cost 170+m because IF you find one in game, it will only come as a small version with few cargo slots but comparatively best bonuses to make up for its lacking cargo. I maxed it out to 48 cargo slots.. The scanner only scans the price based on cargo slots and class, not the stuff in the slots, else my ship would be even more expensive :anigrin:

Art Blade

just as a proof of concept

Art Blade

just so you see how bloody big the freighter really is. It is "parked" outside the planet's atmosphere.. ???

and here, I "upgraded" the freighter to 35 slots. Whoa. :anigrin:

fragger

Whoa, Big Bertha ???

I see a few commodities in your cargo hold that I've never seen before, interesting.

Art Blade

there's a LOT of new stuff that's been added, fragger. And quite a bit has been changed. I don't know anything about it, just happened to collect some stuff. Shooting pirate ships gives you tropheum or some such, a rare stuff that wrecked ships spill into space when shot to pieces, drones spill out a different weird liquid, breaking open crates gives you something like rusty iron and so forth. I don't care much because I just edit what I need into my inventory  :anigrin:

Art Blade

Even with the new missions and all the stuff, one thing hasn't changed for me: the most interesting stuff for me are ships. I'm now curious about base building and land vehicles, only I need to find a suitable planet first. Maybe the missions will take me to some nice places. ;)

fragger

There's plenty of planets to browse at :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, Art, I may have to expand my multi-tool to allow more installed weapons. Seems to be working OK for you. Same goes for my suit's cargo slots, I'm always short of inventory space. Pack rat syndrome.

I think you'll have fun using the buggy on planets, it's a lot of fun to ride around in, once you get the knowledge you need to build it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

let's tailor the stuff to our needs. :anigrin:

Yep.. plenty of planets.. and then racing around in a rover, sounds like fun :)

Art Blade

OK. Here's a portal and the address of it in the 3rd (Calypso) Galaxy. Come armed, the sentinels will be waiting..

Portal address 01

Art Blade

having read up on it, apparently we can only use portals within the same galaxy. Apparently there's another little problem.. if you land with your ship and go through a portal, the ship stays. Players have reported that they were able to summon freighters and exo..whatever ("cars") after going through a portal. So.. it would seem a good idea to get a freighter, leave your favorite ships on board, and buy a one-way ship, something *bleep* and cheap, just to drop and leave next to a portal. I mean, a freighter has got 9 parking slots, so that's somewhat easy. Then summon your freighter, summon your ship, and off you go. :anigrin: Well.. if "summon your ship" works. Usually it summons your only (active) ship and if that's somewhere on a different planet.. what the.. walk to a trading post? Maybe summon a car, drive to a trading post, buy another *bleep* ship just to get back to the freighter. Hmmm... at least we'd have a drop ship for the next portal that way.

I think it'd be a good idea to find portal addresses close to the centre of a galaxy and then jump to the next, use a portal again.. rinse and repeat. Maybe I can go back to Euclid after all, with portals. But then again.. I've never managed to go back to a galaxy. The centre of a galaxy only puts you into the next one, not the last one. Damn. We're screwed.

We're leaving everyone and everything behind, there's no going back, only ahead. :banghead:

Art Blade

Something else. With my savegame and prior achievements, I was already "esteemed" (highest rank) with the Vikings Vy'keens. That stupid mission that I can't get rid of (actually, two of them) now wanted me to talk to a life form (Vy'keen) to find out which planet I was on (as if I couldn't look it up on the screen..) so I could tell that clown Artemis. I walked up to that one particular guy, started a dialogue with him, and was rejected. Because FIRST I had to improve my reputation rank. Like telling Michael Schumacher he wasn't good enough a Formula One driver.  :banghead: So I now have to do some stupid things to get some points on top of my maxed-out rep only so that this Vy'keen dunce is not so horribly annoyed anymore regarding my reputation and willing to degrade himself just enough to let me know where I am.  :banghead:

Tags:
🡱 🡳