No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

no "L.S. Customs" for pimping up ships yet, I suppose? :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't seen anything like that and it keeps being requested on the reddit group, so must not be. I could have sworn I saw a mention of that in the initial info release for this update but I don't see that now. Did I imagine it?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

maybe they just deleted that part and keep telling everyone it never existed.

Dweller_Benthos

I sure thought it said something about ship customization, I need to read it again more closely.
D_B

fragger

Geez, whenever I hear about all the new stuff I'd like to check it out, but every time I try to start a new game (which I have to do since I no longer have my old saves) the new thingies all seem so distant from a fresh start that I lose heart. Especially after my last attempt to get back into the game when I kind of Catch-22'd and couldn't get anywhere - like, couldn't even get to the point where I fix my starting ship and get it off the ground. That kinda put a damper on things :gnehe: Build intergalactic bases? Heck, I'd be happy just to get my ship off the flipping deck...

Art Blade

:anigrin:

today another 200+MB update was pushed out, bloody hell.

And yeah, that catch 22.. maybe you remember it when I repeat that one story which happened LONG ago, probably after the very first big update (D_B told me to start a new career because I had pirates swarming all over the place) so when I did, I started out on a planet that had so harsh environmental hazards, it ate my suit off my skin. Needless to say I never made it off the planet.. part of it was, like your experience, that I couldn't find some material needed for repairing my ship. It wasn't related to the tool, it simply wasn't there. :banghead:

So.. nothing new.. new updates, same *bleep*. :anigrin:

fragger

Art Blade

^ that.. about sums up the whole game. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

LOL yeah I have yet to start a new game under the recent updates, just to see how it goes. Maybe one day I will. As it is, I still haven't done anything with animal taming or farming, I have to collect the needed technology points to trade for the blueprints to make the machines to get into that part of the game. Though I really wonder what the end result will be, I know you can make various food items, there's a whole page in the discoveries menu that I haven't unlocked yet, and there's a chef guy at the space station you can give food to, but what you get in return I have no idea. Probably recipes to make more complicated food.
D_B

Art Blade

alright, space game turns chef sim.. weird.

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't uploaded anything from No Man's Sky in a while, so when I found this planet with giant caves, I figured a couple screenshots would be nice. They look best at full screen. It's constant acid rain on this planet, even inside the caves, go figure that one, so the atmosphere is a bit foggy, but I think that adds to the feel of the place.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Plus I got two new subscribers on my Youtube channel for some reason, so here's a quick video of driving around in them (the caves, not the youtube subscribers, lol) with the motorcycle and doing loops around the ceiling then fighting some sentinels.

D_B

Art Blade

That looks cool indeed. I already watched the vid which was really cool. I like the looping attempt :)

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 29, 2019, 04:15:48 AMI got two new subscribers so here's a quick video of driving around in them

I've never known what YouTube subscribers look like from the inside. Wicked. :gnehe:

PZ

Cool pics, D_B, and funny that that bike is so resistant to damage  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳