No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Are these updates free? That would certainly be a departure from the usual corporate greed

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, all the updates for NMS ever since release have been free. Considering the release of the game was in some people's eyes, less than stellar, I guess they decided that charging for these would not be a popular thing to do. Unfortunately, the expeditions are not playable once they have concluded, well except around the holidays when some are run again, so a new player right now will have missed all the expedition loot from previous releases.

Aside from that, why did the last video not embed in the forum, and just exists as a link? Is it the forum or does the video itself not allow embedding?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Sorry about that, D_B. I suspect it has to do with advertising at YT.  The best way to ensure embedding  works is to either use the YouTube button in the menu of a post or to capture the URL from the browser bar rather than using the YT share link.

I'm not positive, but I think it is the forum people working out a way to circumvent advertisements in YT videos.

I'm visiting the forum almost every day and when a video fails to appear I just go in and fix it.

Dweller_Benthos

I always just copy & paste the URL from the video page, I don't even know what or where a share link is. I also did not see the Youtube button, next time I'll try that. Thanks for the fix!
D_B

PZ

Hope it works for you D_B  O0

I'll get everything worked out after a while. The updated software introduced new features, the WYSIWYG post items. There's not enough time in the day!

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳