Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I've seen many pictures and videos from there. Depending on how much water is going over the falls, it's more or less safe. At low water levels, it's just a pool along the cliff edge and not really dramatic, of course, you could always fall over the cliff, if you're clumsy. But getting in the pool and looking over the edge isn't really that dangerous.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Who remembers The Wacky Races cartoon?
This clip was uploaded about ten years ago, but I only just came across it.
Some people went to a lot of trouble here...

Here's a still. Gotta love people who do stuff like this!
Enter "wacky races real life" in Google image search to see shots of the individual cars.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

@nex: Regarding that Victoria Falls thing, I only have one question:

Why? :huh-new:

And no, I wouldn't do that. After riding motorcycles for 30+ years, I reckon I've used up my luck allowance :gnehe: There's calculated, mitigated and managed risk, then there's just plain tempting fate. And fate has a way of rising to the challenge... Anyway, I wouldn't trust that guy holding my legs. I wouldn't trust anyone to do that.

Dweller_Benthos

This should embed:

I only vaguely recall Whacky Racers, some of the cars look familiar though.
D_B

fragger

Thanks D_B, I copied the url into my post. What did you do?

Dweller_Benthos

I trimmed off all the excess stuff after the video link, the first 10 or 11 characters are all that's needed, after the https : //youtu.be/ part of course, everything else is some other stuff that's not needed.
D_B

Art Blade

sounds as if you had to remove something like google search parameters from the actual YouTube link :)

No, never heard of those Wacky Races but it looks funny :)

fragger

Brought back fond memories of after-school cartoons when I was a kid 8) It used to feature on a weekday afternoon show at 4:00 pm called "Cartoon Corner". There were eleven racers, and every episode was a race which would have different characters coming in first, second and third (except for Dick Dastardly, who was the resident bad guy and who was always trying to sabotage the other racers but of course his attempts would always backfire on him and he'd come last. That car in the clip thumbnail that looks like a purple rocket on wheels was his - that's why in the video he stops at one point like he's broken down and lifts his arms like "what happened?" before resuming). Because different characters would win each episode, the TV show held it as a contest - you could mail in your entry and pick who you thought would win the first three places. If your name was drawn on a particular day and you called the race result correctly, you could win a Seiko watch. There were consolation prizes if you picked any of the first three placeholders though, like toys and games. I entered a few times but never got drawn.

It was a Hanna-Barbera cartoon, and it was quite funny. My favourite racer was Professor Pat Pending, who had a vehicle called The Convert-a-Car which could change into all sorts of crazy machines. Another one was a pair of cavemen called The Slag Brothers who drove a car called The Boulder Mobile (a big rock on wheels) and were always belting each other over the heads with their clubs and whose dialogue consisted of grunts and snarls with the occasional clear word ("Aargh rar rar urgh wise guy arrgh"). They were just all hair with noses sticking out. In the photo above, you can just see The Boulder Mobile 4 cars back (and incidentally, you can see that these cars were made in Britain - they're all right-hand drive).

[spoiler text=The Boulder Mobile]

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
[/spoiler]

Art Blade

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

lol, that was unexpectedly really good ??? :thumbsup: :)

nex

I cracked myself when the guy realized he didn't have to fight off two guys while trying to figure out the password,
all he had to do was grab the laptop and run
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

hehe, there were quite a few funny scenes. I mean, I was really amused :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

The one guy carefully plants all the explosives then they pack them up and take them away, oops. The sniper waiting for the guy to pick up the white hat so he can shoot him, "Come on, pick it up, pick it up!"  :laughsm:
D_B

Art Blade

yeah.. those scenes cracked me up, too :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳