Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty stunning video, though I'd have liked if they dropped the music a few times so you could hear the bikes going by with "insect sounds" lol. Just that one bit at the end really, and not a close up. Some of those near camera shots would have been awesome with sound.

The way they wobble sometimes... Yikes  :o

And the guy losing his chain at the pit stop ... whoops  :banghead:
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

hehe yea, quite annoying and for him.

You can get lots of raw sound videos if you search for Isle of Man TT :)

That wobbling.. the riders have got a term for that, a "tank slapper." Coming from the handlebar going left and right, slapping the bike's tank. I find that term funny :)

Art Blade

for those interested, here's an excellent on-board camera along the whole track (one lap measuring 37​3⁄4 miles or 61 km with over 200 bends) recorded while riding at an average of about 119mph or 191kph. It's got an excellent camera position and the view isn't blocked by tons of blown-up bugs. :anigrin: The current 2018 lap record would show you around the isle in just 16.45 at a tad over 135mph or 217kph average but you'd probably rattle your eyes a bit too much watching that. :anigrin:

So this is probably as good as it gets regarding a "chilled-out" watching experience.

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, quite a run. The part into the foggy area was concerning, at least it wasn't too thick. You know this all started with some guys in a pub boasting they could ride around the island in under and hour.
D_B

Art Blade

and it was the only place where there was no speed limit in the UK area.. :anigrin:

Art Blade

you know, they've even got side car races there, too.. which is even more insane :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen sidecar racing other places, and yeah that's nuts. The passenger has to flip from one side to the other to keep the thing from rolling over. Sometimes hanging with their head mere inches from the pavement whizzing by.....
D_B

Art Blade

which on the TT track means, careful not to lose your head on those walls everywhere. There are only inches at times but the bike race is no different, they're almost scraping the walls. And there are many of those.. even the hedges that look green, soft and juicy oftentimes just cover up stone walls..

Dweller_Benthos

They can have it, definitely not for me....
D_B

Art Blade

me neither. That track literally got a track record, for fatalities.

Art Blade

this year, 75 baby kakapos will add to New Zealand's so far only 147 remaining owl parrots and help prevent extinction. Here an example of the funny bird which is incapable of flying.

Dweller_Benthos

"When you have the chick, please name is Stephen" - now that's funny. Dug his talons into the guy's neck pretty good though.
D_B

Art Blade

he really was in pain.. and made fun of. :gnehe:
"he's taking an active part in the conservation and breeding of a whole new generation of a whole new species, homo kakapens." :D

"do you want to have a go?"
"I think I'll pass, actually." :D

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Grumpy fella, isn't he?

Awesome though, I'd love to see something like that as close as safety allows.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳