Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

awesome. Reminds me of the Etna erupting while I was in Sicily. The lava would melt away light poles and stuff like that, and the eruption growl sounded pretty much like in the vid, only add a couple of sub-woofers for the deep bass it creates.

PZ

Looks like something one might see on another planet. I wonder if popping a pimple looks like that to a microbe on the skin.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

??? ever considered writing screenplays for horror movies? :gnehe:

PZ

:D

Your comment in context with the latest posts reminds me of an old movie in which a submarine of sorts was miniaturized and injected into an important person to clear a blood clot (or something like that).

Art Blade

fragger

"Fantastic Voyage".

Trivia: Issac Asimov was contracted (after much persuasion as he wasn't keen on the concept, which he thought impossible) to write a novelization of the movie but he was never happy with the film-makers' approach. The novelized story ended up being released about six months before the movie debuted, causing many to believe the story was Asimov's. It wasn't, and it caused him some vexation.

Quite a number of years later, he was able to rewrite the story the way he thought it should have been told (maybe he obtained the rights, I'm not sure) in a novel called Fantastic Voyage II: Destination Brain. It was not a sequel but a separate story from the original in which he addressed possible additional effects to the "miniaturization" process such as gravitation, light behaviour and time dilation at a microscopic scale. Even so, he still believed the miniaturization of matter was impossible but at least he could more realistically describe the physical effects which might be experienced by the human subjects of such a process.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

The most important thing to remember about the movie is, Raquel Welch in a wetsuit. ahem.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nex

Was just thinking of the movie a few days ago, Raquel Welch in a wetsuit I do remember clearly, the rest is a bit fuzzy though  :-[  :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

It was actually a pretty silly film, and I don't blame Asimov for being ambivalent towards having anything to do with it, the nubile Ms. Welch notwithstanding :gnehe:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake it yet. They've remade every other bloody thing...

...Sorry - "rebooted".

Art Blade

perhaps because Raquel Welch in a wetsuit wouldn't look just as appetising now as she did then.

Like a mummy in a catsuit just doesn't look right.

fragger

Have you seen her lately? For a 78-year-old, she looks pretty freaking incredible. I've known people younger than her who can't even walk, yet she can still rock a cocktail dress.

Art Blade

yes, really not bad for her age, but still it isn't the same as when she was 26. :gnehe:

nex

When last did any of us taken a look in the mirror................ :-X
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳