Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

PZ

fragger

Yes, mine too :thumbsup: I love their Brain Salad Surgery album (with the trick unfolding H. R. Giger artwork cover :gnehe:), that's one of my favourite albums by anyone, ever 8)

Fun fact: That album featured the first ever recording of a polyphonic synthesizer (the Moog "Apollo"), heard on the "Jerusalem" track.

Sadly, Keith Emerson and Greg Lake are no longer with us. Carl Palmer is still going strong though. In my humble opinion, he is one of the best percussionists ever. The trio were arguably the chief pioneers of the progressive rock movement of the early 70s.

Dweller_Benthos

I bought that album for this track, a classic.

You might also note the thing behind Emerson that looks like an old time telephone switchboard is actually a Moog synthesizer where you have to plug different wires into different sockets to produce different sounds.

Also not sure what guitar Greg Lake is playing, some kind of eight string bass?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Not sure, D_B. Plus I don't know how he's getting that sharp metallic sound from it, that kind of "chink-a-chink-a-chink..." sound in addition to the bass notes. Don't know if it's the way he's hitting the strings, or some particular kind of plectrum he's using. Its like an additional percussion effect.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on February 01, 2019, 11:17:51 AM
Probably because I got distracted by these challenges, where you could beat scores of friends on certain mini games, rampages I think they were called.  :)

Trials of the Rakyat? Yeah, the arrows are projectiles so gotta lead targets. In the case of FC5, every weapon fire a projectile so leading your bullets is necessary.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

I thought I'd seen all of these "Scrat" shorts, but I hadn't seen this one:

Art Blade

thank you, fragger :thumbsup:

I have been a fan of sorts ever since Ice Age came to the cinemas. Some Scrat short films are bonus content on DVD or BR and the rest, no idea where they came from, I found on YouTube. This one is new to me, too. :)

fragger

BinnZ

I too like these scrat films a lot, this one was a tad long though. Some hilarious moments, like when he launched himself through that broken toilet, or when he got beaten up by that door :laughsm:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

fragger

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

a little crazy :)

should have used a stick of dynamite instead of an egg, though. :evil2:

Dweller_Benthos

Dang I would have thought that was an impossible shot, or just luck, but you could see her zeroing in on it. And from a standing position too.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳