I shouldn't wander Costco's aisles

Started by PZ, October 31, 2017, 08:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I was going to wait because I do not have much time right now, but I picked up the latest Assassin's Creed title, Origins.  It appears to be a bit different from the prior games: Gamespot article

LowPolyOWG

Looks like Ubisoft's two year dev cycle paid off. People are quite positive towards it.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I'm not going to hold my breath in anticipation, but some of the elements do look good, and I have not yet seen anything that resembles a boss  :-X

I hope that they continued with the hidden areas, and that the pyramids are one of the places to explore.

A couple of things I like are the ability to control day/night similar to FC2, and most importantly for me a discovery game mode which takes out all combat and allows you to explore the entire world reading the stories of the places you visit.

What I don't like is a recent review that reports that the game suffers from glitches, which is typical UBI*bleep*  :banghead:

Maybe I'll be lucky though, like I was in FC2 with no problems except those that were introduced by the patches.

LowPolyOWG

The only glitch I have seen so far is the AC Black Flag boat physics glitch
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Well, I managed to play a couple of hours today and it was quite fun. The game seems to w0#k much like Wildlands with similar menus, mechanics, etc.. I got the perk that allows me to sleep until nightfall, and it feels like the sleep houses in FC2! I've been wanting something like this for a while - evidently night missions mean that more guards are asleep.

Everything is open so far, and not any glitches yet. Crafting is a big part of the game like in the newer Far Cry games.

You have a pet eagle that you can "fly" - to target places, people, anything.  You ride a "pet" camel, and can also ride horses.

No mini-map!   ... and you can control exactly what you want to see on the screen.

So far the game is good, but I have a new motto - a game is always good until it first starts to suck  :gnehe:

Oh well, back to getting ready for winter - I still have wood to chop for the New Years party.

Art Blade

Are you going to deforest the whole area where you're living or are you just a bit early? Then again, why chop wood.. throw a match  :anigrin:

PZ

:D

Not the entire forest, and only 2 cord of wood so far - this will likely suffice for the winter  :gnehe:

fragger

The only times anyone chops wood in my area is: a) to make something out of it; b) as fire-hazard reduction, or c) when it blocks the view :gnehe:

Not really. It can get a tad nippy in the winter and there are homes around here (mainly older ones) that have fireplaces.

PZ

:D

Kind of the same here fragger, but an annoyance factor - each year for the past quarter decade I threaten to cut down every pine tree within 200 yards of the home due to the extremely annoying bifurcated pine needles. The first time a tree comes down on the house will spell the demise of every tree within striking distance, a bounty of firewood for the rest of my life  :gnehe:

fragger

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳