Game Collectibels/Memorabilia

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 19, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Bought three D2 minifigures from my local GameStop today. They are from a company called McFarlane Toy Store. I paid about 25 EURO/32 USD/250 NOK for each of them.

Left: A Titan. heavy armored character in Destiny 2. Basically a "tank" in MMOs.

Middle: A Hunter. Stealthy and usually utilizes long range weapons. Excels in close/medium combat fights due to their mobility enhancements. There are a WoW class which bears similarities to the usage. I decided to give it a Gjallarhorn :evil2:

Right: Warlock. This class uses spells and ranged melee attacks to destroy enemies. Equal to Mages/Priests from World of Warcraft.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

hehe, yes, Star Wars had a ton of franchise and loads of puppets :)

Damn, those figures are expensive. All of them together are worth about as much as a new triple-A game.

mandru

While I don't collect miniatures I am more drawn to the female anime character figurines.  :-[

I do have a cheap mass produced Iron Giant that came with the DVD when we bought it.  He's prominently positioned to keep watch over our living room.  :bigsmile:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Cool little collection there GKID :thumbsup: They look quite well made too.

He's not a game character, but I always fancied having a nice Robby the Robot figure for my desk or bookcase. I've seen plenty online, but they're either not as authentic as I'd like or they cost more than I'm prepared to pay.

I'm a stickler for authenticity. I don't want a garishly-coloured Robby, or one with incorrect details or cartoony proportions. There's a really cool one I've seen on Amazon from a Japanese company called XPlus, about a foot tall and poseable, cast in solid vinyl and very faithfully reproduced, but the cheapest price I've found so far was $180 USD (the one I saw on Amazon was going for $350 ???) He's not available in Australia, so I'd have to chance it and buy him online. Just about all the other Robbies I've seen are either cheap and nasty, are finished in silly colours or bear only a vague, passing resemblance to the original.

There are model kits available, but almost all of them seem to depict Robby carrying an unconscious Anne Francis ::) I'd prefer a Robby sans damsel. There is a company called Polar Lights who make two Robby kits, one including Robby's date and one without, but they're only about 7" tall when built, and being top-heavy they have to be affixed to the included rock-facsimile base or they fall over. I'd prefer a taller, free-standing one. They're not cheap either for model kits, about $120, and then I'd have to buy modelling paints, thinners, brushes, glue, modelling knife etc so I'd probably end up paying at least as much as I would for the XPlus one. Then of course there's the build-time factor to consider.

LowPolyOWG

Thanks guys :) Yep, they look wellmade, despite being made of plastic/rubber. I might see if I can get my hands on Collector's Editions for upcoming games that I'm interested in. Putting the weapons in their hands was a little challenge, but I didn't broke anything :)

I hope you'll find your Robby one day, fragger :)

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty nice. I have to resist anything like that by ignoring it as much as possible, because for me, it's a slippery slope and the next thing, I find I'm drowning in the stuff and keep looking for more as I MUST GET EVERYTHING. Visions of Gollum and his "precious" come to mind.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

One of these days you're going to need to have a dedicated gaming room, GKID - a place where you can game, program, w0#k on rigs, keep collectibles, have a fridge and food available, and no one else is allowed to enter.

Dweller_Benthos

Don't forget bathroom facilities!   :D
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

fragger, I've known abut this Robby the Robot for some time now that might interest you: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/10921

Spoiler
It's only $32,000 USD but you'd be the first on your block to own one.  ;)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on September 20, 2017, 08:22:41 AM
One of these days you're going to need to have a dedicated gaming room, GKID - a place where you can game, program, w0#k on rigs, keep collectibles, have a fridge and food available, and no one else is allowed to enter.

If I can get a proper apartment in Hamar, I'll definitely do that :gnehe:

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 20, 2017, 08:42:13 AM
Don't forget bathroom facilities!   :D

:laughsm:

Art Blade

BinnZ

Quote from: PZ on September 20, 2017, 08:22:41 AM

Don't you already have, GKID?
Everything else in the room is just slowly losing terrain until it ends up in the walkway :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

a slow but steady displacement process :thumbsup: :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳