citrus press -- my new toy.

Started by Art Blade, September 21, 2017, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

mandru: :D

PZ, yes, that's what I like: almost no waste, it stays within the remains of the fruit. Also, cleaning the press is quick and simple. :)

PZ

Without my knowledge, my wife squeezed half a lime and left the rind in the machine overnight. The next day the green lime skin had turned yellow, and stuck to the underside of the top "hat".  :banghead:

Art Blade

oh, before I forget: always clean the top "hat" after usage.

:anigrin:

fragger

PZ

I used the press again last night to do oranges, and it was a pleasure - no waste and my hand did not feel like it was going to spasm.

Art Blade

when I said I had difficulty crushing some fruit, it was the lack of oil in the joints of the leverage causing it. Added some drops of olive oil (I don't mind a drop of that in my food but I would very much mind some machine oil in my juice) and now using that press is just as simple as it should be. :)

PZ

Art Blade

you're welcome :) I couldn't believe how easy it was after a few drops of oil.

PZ

I find that when the unit is wide open, it can easily fall to the squeeze position, and if your hand is in the way, it can be a bit uncomfortable.  Have you found that with your unit?

I wish it would open to a more stable state where the slightest movement would not cause the heavy handle to fall down.

Art Blade

yes, I even knocked myself over the head with the rubber grip when cleaning it :D It was more a surprise and didn't hurt but hell, it's best to keep your hand on the grip while doing anything :anigrin:

Art Blade

Now that I've got used to having that thing I have to say, I'm still surprised at how easy it is to make a glass of orange juice and how quick it is. Both juicing and cleaning the press. I love it :)

PZ

Same - my wife is now planning her 3rd batch of holiday citrus drink and I'm not fussing at all. In prior years I must have had a bad attitude when she wanted me to juice the fruit, because we never made it more than once a year.  :-X

Art Blade

Art Blade

sorry  :anigrin: :anigrin: :anigrin:

but seriously, I'm glad it works out so well for both of you O0

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳