FC5 teaser

Started by LowPolyOWG, May 22, 2017, 09:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 26, 2018, 02:39:33 PM
... I don't mind purchasable DLC as long as there is a decent amount of content, like a whole new map area and a good dollop of extra goodies (such as the Far Harbor and Nuka-World add-ons for FO4, or the two generous expansion packs for Civ V), but paying extra for just a weapon or two and/or a couple of skins or something is lousy. They should be in the game already, or be available via collecting UBI*bleep* points or whatever they're called, like they did with FC4.

The season pass in Origins has large new maps (almost doubling the game) and some Helix credits to try to get you hooked. Helix credits are what gamers can purchase with real money, and that gets you the ability to "purchase" new weapons, outfits, including things like the locations of all hermit and stone circle locations on the map - all within the game.

I would not be surprised if the same was applied to this game. I guess their new business model is to sell a base game and then nickel and dime the gamers by offering upgrades for more money. The base game is typically $60, and the season pass another $30. Then add the extra money for Helix credits and you can go way over $100. Essentially they want to sell a game for more than $100, but are afraid that at this time, that price point won't fly so piecemeal is their way to go.

Tags:
🡱 🡳