Some of my favorite foods done outdoors

Started by PZ, March 21, 2017, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

As I was perusing my photo albums, I came across a few of my favorite outdoor cooks - some in summer, and others when it was cold and we were hot tubbing

[spoiler text=reminiscing about good food]Tender prime brisket sandwich with a thick slice of onion and sweet habanero BBQ sauce
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Steak burgers - loaded

Reuben with home smoked corned beef

Wood fired pizza, topped with kale and a poached egg. Cava is the sparkling wine of the day.

A bed of crisp potato rounds topped with spicy black bean, pulled pork, and an egg. Champagne with a frozen strawberry.

This is something we don't do every day - cheese fondue with a variety of dipping things

Steelhead taco on a Parmesan crisp, cabbage slaw, and aioli

Smoked Gouda, smoked goat cheese, smoked blue, smoked salmon, and home baked cheddar cheese bread

Runny yolk egg with baked and then pan crisped potatoes

Burnt ends - cubes of brisket point quick crisped for a toasty exterior and tender moist interior
[/spoiler]

fragger

That all looks too good! Some of the first shots look even more enticing with the lovely backdrop O0

That first one... Now that's a burger! You don't get burgers like that at McDonald's :thumbsup:

Pic #5: I presume that flame on the left is coming off the coals. Looks a bit like the egg is on fire :gnehe:

Dang PZ, if you lived next door to me I would so make a nuisance of myself... You'd need your pistol to keep me away instead of the wildlife!

+1 for sharing mate :)

PZ

Thanks fragger!  :bigsmile:

Yes, that first one was indeed memorable - the brisket literally melted in your mouth. It was the flat, cut into 0.5 cm thick slices.

The one with the fire is actually a gas fire that provides just a bit of heat to take the chill off the area - yeah, it does look like the egg is burning!  :anigrin:

You'd be welcome any time, fragger  O0

Art Blade

I'd be homing in on that stuff, too :anigrin:

I remember those pics. Looking now as good as then  :thumbsup:

PZ

🡱 🡳