This would be so cool if it was real

Started by fragger, September 25, 2017, 03:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Art Blade

heh, crazy. The Millennium Eagle sure is cool and I like the Battle Star Galactica ships, particularly the Vipers. O0

PZ

mandru

Both the Spindrift (Land of the Giants) and Flying Sub of the Seaview (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea) were from two of my favorites shows.  :thumbsup:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I looked at this for quite a while before I realized they can't be full-size mock-ups. Some really good photo-shopping going on there. Not to mention the detail of the models used. Loved the Eagle bone yard and of course, the Eagle and Hawk as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

At least one of the guys behind the site is a former special-effects boffin who used to w0#k for Industrial Light and Magic. At least some (maybe all) of the models are physical ones, not digital, which are then photographed and lit from the proper angles to be seamlessly incorporated into actual locations. It's a terrific job they've done.

mandru, me too, I always liked the hardware from Irwin Allen's shows. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea was the first one I really got into as a kid - in fact I think that was the first TV series he made (or was Lost in Space the first? Not sure which). I always dug the Seaview, but especially loved episodes featuring the Flying Sub :thumbsup: The Spindrift is such a cool-looking ship too, even if somewhat improbable-looking :) I can let that slide for sheer coolness. Interesting to see it resting on an actual undercarriage.

Tags:
🡱 🡳