Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

btw, nice car.  :thumbsup: :) I like that weird exhaust, but what is it? Kinetic waste?
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

thanks :) and yes, sort of, you see flames coming out of each of those two exhausts. Happens when you release the throttle (let go of the gas) or between gear shifts (when you let go of the gas to shift)  :)

How long does it take to make a million, normally? I have no idea. Making a million can take several days, one day, or hours.. it depends.

[spoiler text=click here if you want to know the details]

Don't worry  :bigsmile: usually you just drive around and the money will be a side effect. :bigsmile:

There are several ways to make money.

How it works.. it's not so easy to tell because there is no such thing as a fixed prize money you get for winning a race. Even if there was, how long would it take to complete the race?

That is a matter of speed, which means a matter of car class (like, driving a lawn mower around a track or an F1 racing car does make a difference) and track length (2km or 7km makes a difference) and laps (three times around a track or five.. or a start to finish route rather than a circuit, again depends on all of the aforementioned factors) and skill (do you have to restart, how many times do you restart..)

Also, once you won, there are factors like your "lineup" which is a very random thing to begin with. Lineup is a team of up to four drivers (drivatars) that you need to recruit first (usually only once during your career but you may replace them -- you get a message that a new drivatar for your lineup is available whom you need to beat in a random encounter street race) and their stats are real life stats of the real life players they represent whose "drivatars" bring three of their stats as a bonus for you -- each is their lifelong stats and it changes if the player represented improves -- earnings (credits), XP and fans. If your lineup comprises mostly rookie drivers, you won't make a lot of money but if they're seasoned players, the lineup factor may be higher than the actual prize money.

Then there are factors like your difficulty settings (for instance, using ABS, traction control, drive line etc will lower your result as will the overall AI skill which could be for instance expert or inexperienced driver) and your race position when finishing (finishing 1st is obviously the most lucrative way)

All of that might be just a $15,000 payout for a race. Could be more or less. So it can be a matter of minutes to make a few thousand but also a matter of an hour or so.

I prefer to beat "rivals" which are recorded best laps on a track you can choose. You try to beat the ghost image of the recorded player's best lap. If you do, you get a reward. Also, simply doing your laps there trying to beat the rival will result in money when you quit.

There are special edition cars (HE, Horizon Edition) that can for instance grant a money boost. That's what I use when doing my rivals. So I get paid double. Works for races if the car's specs matches the race, i.e. if it is an S2 and the race is set for S2 cars, you may use it.

I reckon you got the point, didn't you  :anigrin:

Then there is one more way of making money: when you rank up there is a "Wheelspin" which is like a lottery. You can win cars or money. The cars can be pretty *bleep* or average or rather cool. You can keep them or sell them at the auction house. Money ranges from $2,000 to $100,000 but it's random.. And you don't rank up after exactly 10 minutes, do you.. so you can't really tell how long until the next Wheelspin.

And of course you can gamble buying and selling cars at the auction. Selling: minimum amount of time is one hour before the auction ends but if someone decides to buy out your car (pay the maximum) it might be shorter. Buying: you should be bidding when the auction is almost over so it's a matter of minutes until you know whether or not you got the car.

Alright. So.. I reckon that you understand that there is a huge difference between GTAV heists and making money in FH3. Making a million can take several days, one day, or hours.. it depends. :anigrin:[/spoiler]

PZ

Did you do the new W10 Creators update?

Art Blade

what's that? How, where..?

PZ

It is the update that will be forced upon everyone one of these days, and includes the new gaming features as well as easier control over your privacy settings. I've installed it on a couple of my machines so far, and it does not appear to have done anything bad, maybe even improved performance a bit, especially when gaming (what MS claims is that it turns off background processes so the PC can focus on gaming - true? I don't know but my cooling fans appear to be running slower)

There is an entirely new category in the settings page called "Gaming"

It is available from a link on the update page - not really obvious, but it is there. This is a major OS update, much like the Anniversary edition was.

Art Blade

"Good news! The Windows 10 Creators Update is on its way. Want to be one of the first to get it?"

"no." :anigrin:

PZ

Art Blade

OK, got a new car.

I made $1.3M in around three hours (including breaks, at least I can't just run around in circles for three hours straight without going completely bonkers) and bought the last car I was willing to grind money for.

Weird stats, I have 215 cars now but the value doesn't match the money I made and spent. I did include the 30% off the garage value when checking the stats. Still, there are some $5M that went missing plus the fact that in my garage are quite a few cars that I didn't buy (like "barn finds") yet some of which are worth several million bucks. Which means, the garage value should be greater than what I earned and spent on cars. Well.. I don't care much about stats, anyway. All I know is that I earned around $136M and all of my money went into cars (and apparently some of that money, $1.7M, went into car parts aka upgrades)  :)

I couldn't resist buying the last car I didn't have but wanted to have. I mean, $1.3M for a $2M car, why the hell not :)

I used a filter to show cars that are available at the car show (dealer) and that I already own (see the garage symbol in each thumbnail) so you can see the discount of my latest and last acquisition. I also sorted by value. However, the cars to the bottom right are not in the 1M+ class, they're more expensive. The class would change if you clicked on them.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I like to cruise in those old cars from the 1940s and 1950s  :)

Art Blade

OK, the Forzathon is almost over (that's what brought us 30% off all cars). I have got a total earning of $138M. I must have made another $2M somehow by driving around and somehow I ended up spending those $2M on another set of cars. :anigrin: I got 234 mostly nice cars now (those which aren't that nice are Wheelspin wins) :bigsmile:

I think it's enough with those 30% and grinding money for those "cheap" cars :anigrin:

PZ

The old cars were kind of fun, but they sure did suck when I compare them to current cars. I still recall the constant w0#k that was needed on a regular basis to keep them running such as plugs, points, condenser, distributor cap, etc.

Art Blade

Art Blade

GKID, there is an option to hand-pick rivals, in case you wish to race TerrZor's or my ghost in the rivals option. I checked a few tracks and noticed you were showing on the rankings.

Go to rivals, pick a track, select the car class and that's where you can press the Y button on your controller to "change rivals" which allows you to cycle through world, friends, club, friends and club. Whichever rival you select, you can race against.

I think you'll find a few messages popping up regarding rivals.. and I'm not even sorry :gnehe:

By the way, if you finish with a flagged lap (exclamation mark showing next to your lap time) because you crashed into something, your time can be beaten by a slower lap time if that is a clean one. I beat one of your flagged times despite being slower.

LowPolyOWG

Nice :) Well, I'm not a flawless driver :-X
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳