Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Nice. I assume you would do the Warthog bucket challenge to get the lumberjack challenge done? It was an exclusive gift to Halo players.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

yes and no. You're required to use the Warthog -- well, I won that vehicle cheaply some time ago at the auction house :anigrin: -- and you can just go offroad with it and kick over stumps and branches lying on the ground. No need for a bucket challenge :)

LowPolyOWG

Ahh ok, so that's the only way for me to get it then  ;) Unless you're willing to let me rent it :gnehe:

Art Blade

"catch me if you can" and I might rent it out :gnehe:

I just auctioned another rare car (1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso) for $2M that's worth $2.6M which isn't a bad deal  :)

LowPolyOWG

O0

I am going to depart Oz for awhile and travel to Bolivia. Some drug lords needs to be dealt with. I hope fragger can then spend some time on the beach without getting run over.

Spoiler
Bought GR: Wildlands

Art Blade

Art Blade

kind of silent around FH3. I'm usually on my own, trying to beat that one flipping (unacquainted) rival on Three Bridge Circuit all the while trying to still squeeze out that 1 mph more or that 1 inch tighter around corners, still trying to improve my setup. It is remarkably good, when I find a car with a bounty on the streets, I quickly grab that 2017 Ford GT HE and hunt him down. No escaping me, my car is just brutal. It is amazing what a good setup can do to a car. It used to be a "meh -- yet another fancy car" but it has developed into a great car, actually my favourite car (both for the setup and for the money bonus; the Horizon Edition doubles any money I make with it)

With all the money I keep making racing rivals, I was able to buy a crazy 1960s Maserati called "the bird cage" for about $2.5M :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

and again the money-making machine MS is grabbing for more.

By the way, the VIP membership that gives access to the exclusive DLC 2016 Koenigsegg Regera is actually a killer. That car has got 2,000 N-m torque by default (not yet tuned) and makes it stand out by far and at the time the fastest car in races. Only if you paid for the VIP membership, of course. >:(

The top 30 of the track I keep racing on is now almost exclusively populated by "Regera '16" -- the top 20 are in fact only Regara '16. It is impossible to beat that car.

I know because I keep racing there, Three Bridge Circuit, and I've recently beaten a rival again, which put me on rank 170 out of now more than 1,200,000 race drivers. Days later I noticed I dropped to rank 180 and the Regera drivers keep adding themselves to the top of the ranking. It must be really easy with that car, otherwise you wouldn't see that many people with their Regeras all of a sudden populating the top of the ranking.

Art Blade

I don't use any assists.

My current best lap time is 00:50.539 in an S2 class which puts me in the top 200 out of 1,200,000 drivers in that class on that track.

Here two vids that give you an idea. Regera..

LowPolyOWG

Nice O0 The thing I don't like with the Regera is the wheelspin.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Something I noticed today is what a huge computing and networking power MS needs to maintain for this game when I looked at a leaderboard. There were over 2.8 million players on it. It is a speed trap that checks every player passing it and records the speed at which a player passed it, compares it to the speeds of everyone of those 2.8M, and if the player made his first or a better entry, recalculates everyone's position on the leaderboard. Said speed trap is in the city right next to a Festivity Site, some kind of base the players keep returning to, and most of the players will at some stage of their career unlock that base. Which means, virtually every player of the game, both PC and console, will eventually drive through that speed trap and will be on that list.

So, 2.8M isn't shabby, I'd say. Looks as if MS has sold the game around 3 million times so far.

PZ

Not too shabby  O0

The game is beautiful, and were I an aficionado of driving games, I'd likely get it.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, I might need to do some tunings on my Regera, when I get bored of Bolivia. Having completed my festivals, I might return when the new DLC launches :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳