Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Must be some code still left from an old Forzatech branch... Pretty sure there's a memory issue with this or some code relating to save/overwrite player positions.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

and regarding the rewind/replay function, someone said they should learn how to properly program circular code, I think that's the term. Meaning, only keep the last minute rather than from start and get an overflow and leak and whatnot as a result.

LowPolyOWG

Possible, unless changing it will mess with something else  :-X

My friend, who's studying game design found this in Unreal: "We don't know how this variable works, but it works"

Art Blade

Art Blade

however, back to the Goliath massacre, it is so annoying that you can't really play it the way you want. Either you're constantly worried about the game crashing on you (it actually crashed during the first lap of my recent race so I had to start from scratch..) or the code wreaking havoc in form of super drivers and rewind producing malicious results.. Hell, if even setting the difficulty is broken (see those super drivers) AND on top of it all, rubber-banding starts to give you extra pain and stress, how is that supposed to be a recreational fun game? :angry-new:

LowPolyOWG

Yep, rubberbanding AI is retarded... Why is that even a thing in racing games?

Art Blade

I have bloody no idea. Even less so why the devs apparently haven't yet noticed, despite billions of posts on the forums and help desk tickets.

As if no one of the QA guys ever had the guts to race more than a minute. "We might encounter unpleasant situations that might imply the code isn't so well optimised. Let's just do a lap, representatively, and be done with it. Final conclusion: it works, hit the market."

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

what was your first reaction when you actually realised the true size of the map? I suppose the same as mine and other people's: "Guys, seriously?"

Not as if they had to build Sydney and Melbourne 1:1, they just slapped a few houses and a couple of streets on the map, hell, it is Australia. Millions of kilometers of nothingness. Should have been possible to create a huge otherwise empty map with long roads. I mean, a high-speed trip AROUND the map as seen in the Goliath (more likely, David) circuit only takes a little more than 10 minutes. AROUND the map. Of New South Wales, Australia.  :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Neither GTA V is 1:1 Art... Must be deliberate for game design. I mean, would you spend 1.5 real time hours to drive the same distance in game as in real life?  :-X Immersive, but not everyone have time for that...

Art Blade

that would depend on the game. I get what you mean, though. What I meant was, compare FH3 to The Crew. North America. Cities like LA and Frisco were a few blocks wide, just like in FH3. But. It took about half an hour to drive diagonally across the map, full speed.

LowPolyOWG

:o At least this world is a somewhat active environment with racers racing anywhere rather than being a wasteland

Art Blade

hehe, true, that is obviously because they don't have room to avoid one another  :laughsm:

By the way, there are only 70 cars left I could purchase. Not counting all those DLC cars, obviously.

Art Blade

I just finished 63 laps in 54 minutes of "rivals" at Three Bridge Circuit, so about the same time as a 5 laps Goliath race.

Payout was $454k. The XP gained was 146k as opposed to 369k finishing Goliath.

All in all, the Goliath race obviously is way more lucrative than doing lap after lap chasing a rival.

Except, rivals do have a world ranking.  :anigrin:

Art Blade

The plane lost. :gnehe:

This is my favourite car, the 2017 Ford GT (Horizon Edition = money boost)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳