Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

meanwhile, there are only 64 cars left to buy. :anigrin: I was on a shopping spree buying a handful of Ferrari $p@rts cars and one 2013 McLaren P1 (that looks like the T20 in GTAV). 320 cars in my garage now. Or should I say, car park. :gnehe:

I spent roughly $200,000,000 on cars now but the actual value of all cars should be a lot higher. I got quite a few for free thanks to Wheelspin lottery and I made a couple of very good bargains at the auction. I fondly remember paying $1.1M for a $10M car. :bigsmile:

Art Blade

I was curious regarding the actual value of my cars so I manually (windows calculator) added every single price tag of those 320 cars. My wrist is aching now  :laughsm:

Well. Strange. My calculator tells me it's $146,680,400. The game tells me it's $148,518,985. There's $1,838,585 missing. Alright, the game didn't make it clear that money spent on upgrade parts was already factored into the total car value. It tells me that I spent $1,838,585 on upgrades, as if I had to add that. At least it shows that I didn't miss a single dollar adding those price tags  :gnehe: Alright. The game also tells me that my total winnings (read, money to spend) were $204,645,019.

However, if I made some $200M (almost exclusively spent on cars) and I own cars worth around $150M, including a lot of cars that I spent less on than they're worth and a lot of cars that I didn't pay for -- for instance, a $6.5M "barn find" (cars that you discover in old barns) or some nice Forzathon prize cars and lots of Wheelspin prize cars -- then I wonder why I only got about $2M cash left. Where did those $50M go?! Doesn't make sense. :huh-new:

It could mean (damn, I didn't compare my cash to the "winnings" when I made money or won a car) that "winnings" include car values of cars that I didn't pay for. Win a car, add that value to my winnings. Make money.. add it to my winnings, too. But geez.. even if I won cars worth $50M and bought cars for $100M to get a total car value of $150M, there's still $50M missing. And obviously I didn't spend $200M if I only own cars worth $150M.

What the heck? :huh-new:

Art Blade

Ah, sod it.

Let's celebrate cornucopia -- I bought a brand new $2M car for 1.9, I used a 5% rebate perk :anigrin:

PZ

That is a beautiful GT  :thumbsup:

BinnZ

Yes it is. :thumbsup: Reminds me a lot of the FMJ in GTA O. I do believe the front is different though :)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Weird *bleep*, UBI*bleep* can't calculate. Or they just fool you somehow :huh-new:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Uhh, you mean Microsoft? UBI*bleep* isn't behind this game  :-X Or were you talking about The Crew?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I did another Goliath 5 laps, average difficulty. I used a perk that gives "double money" but only the base value.. so unfortunately that's only about $200k. So for winning those 5 laps, this time I got paid $955k, almost a million. That's acceptable :)

But seriously. Just so you can SEE for yourselves, I stitched two screenshots together. Take a close look at the map, I needed two screenshots because the gap between the rest of the field and the idiot behind me didn't even fit on one screen. The red arrows are referencing points where the screenshots should have connected (the lower screenshot should have been offset to the right) but it was too much hassle. The green square in the lower right corner (where all the other drivers are) is the start/finish. You can see that I'm about half a lap away from that. As the scoreboard will show, it's a gap worth about 5 minutes. It could have been SUCH a relaxed race, I wouldn't have had to race to the best of my ability if there hadn't been that one racer following me closely.. we're top left of the screenshot.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

A driver in a flipping 2013 Ford Mustang (obviously a match for a race car like my 2017 Ford GT) I'd have loved to kill right there on the track. See, there is Superman behind me, an average driver like the rest of the field, and he keeps sticking to my bumper. Except in the screenshot -- that's one of two maximum speed straights where I could stop for the screenshots and return to driving without having to re-orientate myself much. Due to the high speed, the gap is comparatively large, but only there. Well, at least he never managed to get really close but only because I didn't make any mistakes. Still, apparently neither did he. I wouldn't call that "average" at all. And consider the gap between him and the rest of the average racers. Very subtle.

It gets better: please take a close look at the scoreboard, and yes, I really waited over five minutes to get all the times. Check both the best lap times and the total times. I mean, please -- just so you know what kind of nonsense I had to endure, again. ALL drivers have faster laps than me, despite me winning every lap and the race, and look at the total times.

Apart from superman, they're still some 5 minutes behind. But sure, they all have faster lap times. :banghead: And among the slowest and therefore last drivers there are both a 2013 Ford Mustang and a 2017 Ford GT, the same cars superman and I drove. That shows that average AI cannot compete with me. Except of course superman, no matter which car, he's always "up to speed" with me. :banghead: I said in a prior post that this happened sometimes, not all the time, that one or more supermen showed up. I've been thinking a lot about it and have to say that it's actually ALWAYS the case. Just the names may change if you restart. As if MS thought, "hey, we don't want the player to be able to get and stay away from the field and then get bored or relax. We want at least one AI driver to constantly push the player so it's actually a race and not a walk in the park." Alright.. but if I got bored or if it was too slow for me, I could choose a higher difficulty. SO WHY ON EARTH is there a DIFFICULTY setting to CHOOSE from if it DOESN'T w0#k?!?!?  :angry-new:

PZ

Nice  O0

I like the map view  :thumbsup:

BinnZ

Weird *bleep* indeed.

Well, GKID, I think as soon as something in a game is broken, I make an unconscious link with UBI*bleep*, but indeed, no UBI*bleep* *bleep* here.  :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

hehe :) In this regard, MS doesn't have to hide. They're very well capable of and equally experienced in screwing stuff up.

edit

unrelated to the above, but related to the low difficulty always producing one high difficulty racer that keeps getting on my nerves, I dared change the overall difficulty to "unbeatable."

Just as a proof of concept, I raced against the highest difficulty AI there is, "unbeatable."  They were beatable  :anigrin: Just the whole field was close behind me. :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

hey GKID, do you have the Forzathon schedule for June by any chance? The last (and only) one you posted has expired.. also, what is the source you got it from so I could update the next time, like, July? Cheers, buddy. :)

And here a pic I couldn't resist taking..

FH3 down under

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

ah, cool. Thanks  O0

9th - 12th June
    Taken For Granted - Perform 20 J-Turn Skills to receive 70,000 CR
    Not A Snail's Pace - Complete a 3 Races in a European $p@rts Car to win the Porsche Cayman GTS
    Giving Back - Spend 200,000 CR to win 3 Wheelspins
    Community Service - Complete Any Co-Op Event to earn 85,000 XP

12th - 19th June
    Faster Than It Looks - Perform 20 Speed Skills in a Retro Hot Hatch to earn 25,000 XP AND 50,000 CR
    A Day's w0#k - Complete a Championship in a Classic Racer to win the Porsche 911 GT3 and 3 Wheelspins
    No Substitutions - Complete ANY Championship to win the Porsche 918 Spyder AND 120,000 CR
    A For Effort - Win 3 Races in an A CLASS car to earn 95,000 XP

20th June (One day only)
    Speed - Complete 3 Speed Traps in the Tamo Racemo to receive 120,000 CR
    Fun - Complete a Bucket List Challenge in the Tamo Racemo to win 3 Wheelspins
    Showing Off - Perform 5 Show Off Skills in the Tamo Racemo to earn 85,000 XP AND the Arooga 1 Horn
    Victory Lane - Complete a Race in the Tamo Racemo to win 25,000 CR and 50,000 XP

23rd - 26th June
    Stylin' - Perform 3 Ebisu Style Skills to win the Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    No Equal - Win a game of King to earn 55,000 XP AND 200,000 CR
    It's A Hobby - Create a Tuning Setup and Select a Car Horn to earn 75,000 XP
    Stock, Rock Or Barrel - Perform 20 Wreckage or Barrel Roll Skills in a D CLASS car to win 3 Wheelspins

30th June - 3rd July
    Express Lane - Get 3 Stars on a Speed Zone to receive 150,000 CR
    Follow The Leader - Perform 10 Draft Skills to earn 55,000 XP
    Cloud Nine - Perform 3 Triple Pass Skills to win 3 Wheelspins
    End Of The Line - Win a Championship to win the Porsche 944 Turbo

4th July (One day only)
    Freedom Of The Road - Complete 3 Races in Classic Muscle to win the '70 Chevelle Super Sport HE AND 50,000 CR
    Get Together - Complete an Online Adventure to win 3 Wheelspins
    Bursting In Air - Perform 20 Ultimate Air Skills to win the #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
    Rallying Cry - Complete a Race in a Classic Rally car to receive 55,000 XP and 120,000 CR

Tags:
🡱 🡳