Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

I promised Art to give a report on the Lamborghini tuning: Yes, that worked great!

I tried to do a 25 lap Goliath on Wednesday, but the game decided to kill itself on lap 22/25 :'( :'( :'( This time, it was related to my OC on the GPU. Being factory clocked at 1342 MHz, I guess I went a little bit overkill, I turned it up to 1400 MHz :banghead:

But, we and AB did a Forzathon today and got the Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MkIIIB 1969.

As a gamer, I played Burnout Revenge/Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) and Midnight Club 3 on my PS2 back in the days. Also played Burnout: Paradise and the older Forza games (Motorsport 3 and 4). I don't like the in-game radio so I decided to find some of my favorite songs from the games and assemble them into my playlist. And

NOTE: Some songs might contain explicit language :-X Luckily I didn't understood anything being said in the songs when I was a kid :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

thanks for the feedback on the gearbox tuning, glad it worked for you :)

And yes, the Lola we won today is a cool car. It's listed as a $800k car and can't be obtained at the car dealer. It's likely going to be auctioned a lot now :) We did it together because again it was an online event needed. I much rather play cooperatively with GKID and have fun than having to cope with the online zoo.

Regarding the Goliath race, it must have been a horrible moment realising that it's over after 22 laps without any reward.. I already had enough when I first did it and ended up 5th after 10 laps thanks to bugs, but 22 laps without anything.. pure horror.

I think the game is way to unstable to do marathon races. I don't even feel like doing a 5-lap race anymore. Money keeps coming in one way or another, anyway, so as long as I'm not in a terrible hurry to get something very expensive, I don't care. There was one occasion I remember that I was glad to have had a ton of money: All cars were on sale for I believe 50% off for a couple of days. That's when I spent millions and was eager to get more money so I could buy the very expensive cars for a lot less money than usual. However, I only need three more cars in order to have all of them and I'm saving up money slowly but steadily. I'm over $5M already. 2, 8 and 10 million that I need for those cars. I think I'm going for the $10M car first. I can get a 5% discount on any car at any time so I can actually save $1M thanks to the discount perk. ;)

LowPolyOWG

Yep it was annoying :banghead:

Nice discount trick :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Cheers :)

You can get that, too. It's one of those perks you can reuse as often as you want, for 10 skill points per use, available at the skill shop. It doesn't make sense if you want to buy a car for say, 50k but it does make sense when you hit like half a million and more for a car. It only works at the car dealer, not at the auction.

By the way, those cars I'm going to buy rarely show at the auction house and if they do, they usually start at the same level as a new car. I wonder who'd be stupid enough to auction a car under those circumstances.. and I mean both seller and buyer.

Art Blade

HA! After several test runs (quit race, start over, all the time one "double" driver and one super AI) I found the setup I wanted to use for the Goliath race and coincidentally, it was the first time EVER without any rubber-banding superman AI drivers. I almost lapped the group on my last round  :anigrin: AND this was on "pro" level (one below the highest which would be "unbeatable")

In the pic you can see me on the top end of the blue track and on the other end is the finish line, with all the rest of the drivers about to finish their 4th lap while I was about to finish my 5th lap and the race.

THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE! YES!! FINALLY!!! :evil2:

You can also see in the pic-in-pic snippets that it wasn't too shabby regarding rewards and, you can see real times that actually make sense for a change. Those guys were on average 3 minutes slower than me per lap.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

:anigrin:

By the way, +1  :thumbsup: for OWGKID who helped me with the Forzathon yesterday. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to win two Porsche. It was supposed to be a "VIP only" race. He's a VIP, started a race with VIP cars (DLC only) and invited me. I could then rent a DLC car for the race and both of us won the cars.

Thank you O0

LowPolyOWG

O0 No worries, I hope there will be more exciting Forzathons in the future :gnehe:

Art Blade

sure thing. And I guess that one wasn't the last one we did together. We already did a couple in the past  O0

Art Blade

heh, we just did it again  :bigsmile:

GKID requested this screenshot:

sesto elemento gears
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Funnily, the stock engine gave a much higher top speed than the 6.2 liter V12 :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

I think all of the cars you can win now could be won before already, I think the Porsche 959 for the third time now.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed, I guess MS are giving people a second chance to get them ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳