Art Blade

"Boiling Blood" paint job. :)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Art Blade

you know, that car design above isn't so obvious as to why it's a little special apart from the intense red.

First off, the base colour is chrome. Tinted chrome. You can only guess it when you look at the top and rear center of the car, those dark parts, that's chrome and it looks dark because the sun shines at other parts and is mostly being reflected by the intense bright red parts of the car.

Then there are a couple of car parts that are painted in a bicolour metal flake paint the base of which is full red while the colour of the flakes is a little towards the orange of the spectrum. You can tell by looking at the rear spoiler. The same colour is applied to the wing mirrors, the centre of the front bonnet (if you can call it a bonnet.. the engine is at the rear but I doubt that the front is a hood that covers luggage..) and the rims of the wheels.

The biggest part of the paint job, the bright red parts that make up most of the sides and stretch out towards the centre of the car, comprises a few gradient layers of red and black decals that eliminate the chrome effect. The gradient serves as an exaggeration of 3D parts so it won't look like a flat surface when illuminated, as in, reflections won't wash out 3D details too much.

All in all, it is quite eye-catching. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

IT IS DONE

I just got my last car, the $10,000,000 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa which I had saved for last.
Now I've got ALL THE CARS that you can buy, except DLC of course.

And now the funny part :)

A while ago I had two cars left to buy, one for $8.5M and this $10M-car and I was broke. I thought I'd buy the $10M-car first but when I had almost 8M, I was bored of waiting and thought about the 5%-off perk so I was almost able to buy the cheaper one which I eventually bought*, for $8,075,000. So I was broke again and started saving again.. there was nothing else to save for but the $10M-car.

* Turned out there was one more car I missed out on, "only" $2M. I bought that as soon as I had the money.

In the meantime I had racked up $9.4M, almost ready for the 5%-perk and the $10M-car.

Today I checked for the new Forzathon and instantly I noticed the related special offer, all cars 30% off. Plus perk, 35% off.. so the $10M-car only costs $6.5M today?! ??? Of course I bought it.

You see, I was lucky to buy what was closest back then, for $8M. Had I bought the $10M-car (for 9.5), I'd now have $1,500,000 less :gnehe: And I'd only have saved $2.975M rather than $3.500M :D

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

the best thing: I'll never need money again. :anigrin: What I could do with it is buy those few rare (and *bleep*) Horizon Edition cars at the auction that I sold long ago and perhaps find a few that I've never had. But I don't need money the way I did before, basically there's nothing to buy anymore :)

FH3 got it all

LowPolyOWG

Considering yourself retired from FH3?

Art Blade

no, as long as there are still Forzathons

LowPolyOWG

fragger

What are all the white things among the balloons in the picture, Art?

Well done by the way, Mr. Hot Wheels :thumbsup: :)

Art Blade

paper lanterns, I suppose. Built in a way that the heat from the candle lifts the whole thing up and the wind carries them away.

And cheers :)

Found another bug. There's one thing I only found out yesterday when going through my screenshots. I had two final results for the five laps race called Goliath that's about one hour long. One showed something like $800k prize money while the other one showed around $950k, same race, same conditions. Turns out that the game "forgot" to add the so-called line-up bonus which in my case is worth 72% of the base winning (so $155k out of $215k) and that explains why I only got $800k.

Damn, how the hell can they SELL that *bleep* what, a year ago, and STILL not fix it? :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Pretty sure they went to develop FH4 after the launch. With Forza games being pumped out annually, not much time to do bug fixes or massive changes... Blame it on corporate greed.

FM7 had terrible performance in the beta and at launch on PC. I'll stay away from this franchise, seeing how MS butched the cR bonuses and threw them in a gambling mechanic  :banghead:

Tags:
🡱 🡳