Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

this game is my exception. Otherwise I avoid MS games like UBI*bleep* games  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

My exception would be Halo, too bad MS insisted on having it a console exclusive only. Halo 6 might come to PC anyway
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I've been busy spending my money on exclusive Horizon Edition cars, those with "HE" in their name, as they come with special perks. The auction house is a great place for spending money if you can't buy anything at the car show anymore. I just acquired three of those cars that I used to have, I had sold them because they're kind of *bleep*, but were missing in my collection now. :)

Here I'm going over the edge in one of them. :anigrin:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

The game is obviously dependent on several game services hosted on different servers. Sometimes An awful lot of times I can't even start the game as the app starts and closes virtually at the same time. It's not broken, it's MS. They just haven't yet learned to produce an error message in their apps. One that would explain that the app doesn't start if it can't connect to the main game service. Well, IF it does, then there's an awful lot of times something within the game that's not working, at least they let you know that the required server is not available at the moment. That can be the auction house, Forzathon, anything club-related such as rankings and ladders, rivals (what I play most) and high scores of random stuff like a speed trap you drive through when going from A to B, almost impossible to avoid those, yet if you want to check your ranking, "service not available."

Typically on Fridays when they start a new Forzathon, my app doesn't w0#k. Yesterday it worked but a lot of times, temporarily, certain services were not available, then they were, then they weren't. Even mid-race, (I was obviously able to start it) in the end it just quit without taking the race time because "the service is currently not available" and that is extremely annoying.

the whole fucking Microsoft service is annoying considering I paid a lot of money for it, it is absolutely unacceptable how often their services malfunction  :angry-new:

PZ

That sounds really annoying  :banghead:

Art Blade

Indeed. Imagine that. You don't necessarily think a MS server is down. You think your game is broken. But, because it's an app that sits in a folder that is so restricted that you can't even read it with admin rights (ok, I could force it but who knows what might happen next, 'you broke that' or some such?) which means it is impossible to check for yourself what's going on there. I had my entire system analysed and verified and had tools going over it to repair broken apps and all that; none of them found anything that needed repairs or replacement and those tools that restore, just to be on the safe side, some system files, did so without a different outcome: the app wouldn't start. When I then read "was this useful for you?" on their self-service pages, I'd like to whip them to ribbons.

The game hasn't started today ever since I've tried (four hours) and this is almost a normal state by now. Really, when I want to play it, I'm thinking, "let's see whether or not it actually starts this time." It has been like that for months now. Which means, they won't fix it.

LowPolyOWG

:angry-new:

I decided to re-install it. Haven't had any crashes since. Have you tried to get the latest Win 10 updates? Some of them might be related to the App Store.

Art Blade

I have windows auto-update itself, so I assume that I've got it. If you're referring to those beta/early releases, I've opted out those.

I didn't have crashes, either. Either it runs, or it doesn't. I had it cross-checked with Terrzor who was supposed to help me with a Forzathon recently, same thing. At first he was able to connect (start the app/game) which made me doubt myself but then he reported it wouldn't start anymore, either.

LowPolyOWG

PZ

If not for the fact that you can mod games on the PC I'd be a console gamer only. I've had more problems in a single PC game than I've had in all my console games combined.

Art Blade

you know what.. I am beginning to see my future as a console gamer. Now that I've got sufficient experience using a controller, it's not so far from possible anymore and most games for the PC are ported from console to PC anyway, these days.

PZ

It sure is simple, and it is nice not to need to worry about horsepower, compatibility, etc.

I saw a big difference in FC2 - PC version showed at least 33% more width of the environment that the PS3 - that and the ability to mod games was what got me into PC.

The console controller is still kind of crappy under certain circumstances, but overall it is an easy way to game.

Art Blade

I'll stick to the PC for as long as it makes sense. However, I don't what to think about the FH3 console version. The game is cross-over, you are able to play PC and console together, but you may opt out (only our platform) or prefer your platform until no one is available, then allow the other platform so you may find players to join. Good idea. My problem, what I meant with "what to think about," is the server situation. Do you think it possible that PC gamers are kind of abandoned while console players will always be able to connect, still? I'd be really mad if I had a console and that game and couldn't play it just because MS doesn't maintain their servers properly.

PZ

All I know is that if the corporations can make enough money, they will support whatever platform suits them best. It is all about greed.

Tags:
🡱 🡳