Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Phil did aknowledge that Xbox and MS has a job to do. They are happy with Steam as a gaming platform on PC as it was initally made for Windows and a reason for gaming being successful on PC.

Extra competition doesn't hurt, but if you provide an inferior system (as seen with the MS Store on launch) no-one will never use it. Especially when there are better options. I think it comes down to Microsoft prioritizing the Xbox brand for gaming and leave the PC gaming market to Valve, EA, Ubisoft and Activision-Blizzard.

Steam was initially hated, but it appears that Valve probably fixed a lot of issues and made Steam important as it is today. They are currently working on a major overhaul of the UI for Steam.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I can see why the PC platform is a problem - there are countless permutations of hardware that make it almost impossible to w0#k for everyone, not even considering the software settings a user has on what should be a completely compatible system - I would hate to be a PC support person.

On the other hand, every console is exactly the same as all others, which makes it simple to design worry free software.

LowPolyOWG

Yep, but now, the consoles are using PC hardware so no need to port stuff as in the old days. I think the majority of developers had to redo a lot of their previous w0#k. Xbox 360/PS3 were quite difficult to program for. 2013-2014 were mostly cross-gen games looking slightly better and the year of broken PC releases too :banghead:

I hope DX12 and Vulkan will take off next year, game devs are starting to get the hang of the new console like APIs on PC. Everything on PC was bound to a single threaded API (DX11) which developers had little ability to optimize for. With this gen favouring multithreading and AMD/Intel going on war with eachother in the PC market, we are going into the multi-core era. I can already see this with current games, they can scale up to 16 threads thanks to AMD making such CPUs affordable :anigrin:

It's just the software tech that need to catch up ;)

PZ

Let's hope it works out the best for everyone  O0

Art Blade

it will w0#k out for those earning money with it.

PZ

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Hmm, 30 fps, online fees (60$ for a yearly subscription to either Xbox Live/PS4+ with one free game per month) constant PC-like system updates and potential hardware revisions, no accurate aiming as you can do with a mouse. Sounds like a "good" trade-off :huh-new:

If you want something easier to set up and you want to chill in a couch or in your bed while playing, the console is much more suitable for that  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

by the way, the app is still not working.. last time it took four or five days until I was finally able to start it and do my forzathon.

Art Blade

FINALLY it works again. I won the current Forzathon's weird massive Terradyne Gurkha LAPV. Now I got two of those.

Well. I don't need that formerly exclusive 2nd hand car anymore because I got mine fresh 1st hand. So.. slap some classy downloaded paint on, add some tuning (doesn't cost me any money thanks to a perk) and wait for some idiot who hasn't yet read that you can get that car for free by simply winning a race in an Alumni Craft Class 10 Race Car which you can buy for only $100k at the regular autoshow :banghead: I set the minimum bet to $400k to make it look somewhat expensive and the maximum to $1m to make a buy-out still affordable. And someone actually hit the buy-out less than three minutes before the auction end, he could have got that car for $400k -- I had no bidders and suddenly the "sold" notification. He didn't bid the minimum, he just hit the buy-out ??? At least it shows that my gambling paid off, "affordable buy-out" :D

..and sold! For $1m :anigrin:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Now I reinvested the money in another HE editon car that I used to have before, I had sold it then because I needed money and it's not really a good drift car (the HE drift bonus, there are better HE drift cars) Money isn't an issue anymore, I only buy to add missing cars to my collection.

You can see the top left greyed-out entry. I started with $200k, was outbid, bid again, was outbid, bid again, was outbid and then decided I wasn't going to spend $300k on it so let that idiot have it. I collected my money and bid on the next car (note, I only have that particular car listed, a search function does that, while most people just bid on what's on the 'most recent' list -- they don't see that a few minutes down the line is another car of the same type) and I won the auction, got that same car for $126k less than the other guy PLUS I got a reasonable set of tuning parts along with it ("S2/915") while the other guy only got the stock version ("A/800") :anigrin:

reinvested

IF AND WHEN it works, it's one of the best games I've ever come across regarding car detail, tuning and handling. And I have to say, I love the fact that you can sell and buy at the auction :thumbsup:

Ford GT 2017 best car in game

Art Blade

I just edited in the "reinvested" bit ;)

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

MS annoyed the living daylights out of me again.

First, I had an expensive auction going, two minutes before hopefully winning a car, prepared to bid against other players who might bid the last moment (which extends the bidding time and you get a notification so you do notice) so I was staring at the screen, two minutes.. hmm still two minutes?  "YOU LOST." "OUTBID!" whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the flipping heck?! ??? Obviously the bloody server didn't get the timing right due to some net load, yet again, and I couldn't do anything but get my money back from that bidding which at least worked. I had started to bid over an hour ago :angry-new:

And then, checking the recent auctions, I saw a car painted in white, a painted brown face at the back and "NIGGER" spelled across the car with an arrow pointing at that head. ??? I wanted to report the painter but, great job, MS, they did not prepare a category for "abusive paint jobs" or "racism" so I couldn't even report that racist low-life, neither could I report the other brain-dead racist who had downloaded and used that paint job. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE :angry-new: :banghead:

Art Blade

I don't believe it, that painter has got only four paint jobs on his "store front" where people can download it from (or when looking up paint jobs) and it's four times the same, that racist one. AND IT'S GOT 5 STARS, maximum popularity!!  ??? ??? :banghead: ??? :banghead:

Art Blade

just checked, he named only the three other ones, gucci supreme and supreme. A bloody supremacist who publishes racist paint jobs and I can't report him, paint jobs don't even have a report option!  ??? :angry-new:

FH3 racism popular paintjob

Tags:
🡱 🡳