Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Ha.. not really. Some 30 minutes later I had an in-game notification from "the community" and was gifted a car.. that car. So someone else got the same gift, put some paint on it and sold it. That's how you learn, I suppose  :laughsm:

I tuned it, that cost another 60k. STUPID MS, now I got tuner upgrades that are restricted to the ONE car that otherwise is the same car as the other one that I got. Can't transfer anything between those two. OK, paint jobs can be used universally but they don't cost money.

I put my car with a downloaded tuning setup and a downloaded paint job on auction. See if someone is interested. I tried starting at 200k, maybe someone falls for it. If not, I'll have to try the next lowest starting bid which is around 110k. Might be more interesting. We'll see how it goes.

Those community gifts happened a couple of times to me, no idea what that is but I did get cars for free. Some even nice, like a Lamborghini Countach from 1988.

Next time I want to buy something from the auction, I'll check the in-game car seller and the price, make a note and try to find that car for a better price than I'd have to pay normally. At least if other people had to buy a car, it will be a deal. Buying a gift really isn't  :anigrin:

Art Blade

Oh and I won the wheelspin jackpot again, an Aston Martin worth around 400k. It was a mandatory wheelspin, didn't have to pay for that  :anigrin:

PZ

Art Blade

Well.. I've been busy with some real life chores but still found time for some racing. :bigsmile:

I managed to sell that car from the auction.. half my money back. Speaking of money, I've got a car that gives you extra money if you drive that. Impressive. I tuned it to the max including a manual overhaul of the gear box, those gear ratios. That car is a monster. I keep racing a certain challenge and made a fortune with it (we're talking seven digits) so it deserved its own custom paint job (carbon matte, so no reflections)

money maker (1988 Lamborghini Countach LP 5000 QV)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

PZ

Art Blade

cheers :)

That is something they did well. You can create decals / designs and save parts of your creation (layers) or the whole design and reuse either one. I made that design out of several pieces.

Took a little while but that is time I like to spend on favourite cars. It is entertaining. Other people can see the design unless they turn off that feature. Ever since I was forced to fiddle with MS's parental lock *bleep* and family settings, I can now download various community things from within the game, including other people's car designs. I like to see them but rather make my own stuff for myself and my own cars :anigrin:

PZ

All that matters is that you have fun  O0

Art Blade

thank you :) Yes, I am having a good time when playing this game.

I had to take a pic of a car to make money. I was asked to use my current car. Every unique car I photograph is worth some money, a perk that I unlocked. Here's my first shot worth $1,000 :)

photo art

And this is for fragger who enjoys the photorealism of the game.. driving at night. This pic is full size.

Art Blade

HA! I managed to buy another money maker. You can't buy them in the store, it's either a Wheelspin (lottery) win or.. auction win :anigrin:

Someone else tried to sell their same type for $400,000 but I learned my lesson. I know 200k is the minimum I've ever seen and indeed, someone else was auctioning it for a minimum bid of 200k. It's mine now :bigsmile:

Art Blade

By the way, the car value is tagged with $270,000 if you look at it in your garage.

Maybe I should explain why I wanted a second car like this. Obviously I already got one and I can only drive one at the time. So, there are different car classes. My old Lambo is set for S2, the highest (fastest) "official" racing class that I have so far encountered in racing events and search key words. There is one class above, marked "X," that go beyond and can be maximum tuning level of 999. The car in the "photo art" pic is an S2 turned X. I tuned it beyond S2 specs.

So now I have one Lambo for S2 events and one I think for S1. Not sure yet. I believe people haven't found a good use for the car. Well, I do. Basically it's racing against "Rivals." Pick a race and beat a rival. I have a favourite race track and know it by heart so it's easy for me to drive there. I beat a rival just so it's by less than a second so I can beat more rivals. Then I keep lapping without improving my lap time. 20 laps plus beating a rival can easily produce 150k with this car. Faster and more fun than anything I've found so far when it comes to making money. :)

PZ

Man, those are some colorful cars!

Art Blade

hehe, the photo art was enhanced, more hue and all. It is actually just orange on a steel surface. You see the colours of the environment reflected. :)

PZ

Are you racing online with other players or in single player?

Art Blade

so far preferably SP but I did race online with TerrZor once. We didn't know that. We just entered a race that for some reason was against other players while we thought they were AI  :D

Here's what I made of the 2nd Lambo: an OFFROAD LAMBO :D It works like a charm  :gnehe:

The only problem is that the game doesn't expect someone to have two identical cars. The black/orange design got reset to this camo design. I decided to created the b/o again (save as decal design, save as car design..) and see what happens. Generally speaking, the tuning (offroad or racing) stays with the respective car but the design doesn't. At least I'm not yet sure how to solve it, I was too busy creating this camo design and then remaking the black/orange design. Then I wanted a test drive with the camo design which I was able to load "over" the b/o design. I wanted to test-drive it first before looking into the design reset thingy. I won a couple of offroad challenges with it, now back to base, see what the b/o racer does :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳