Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

cheers  :bigsmile:

And the two different designs now keep sticking to the two "different identical" cars. O0

fragger

That night-time driving pic is lovely, cheers :) I like how there is even reflected headlight-glare off the road signs and post-reflectors. Fantastic detail!

The forest and foliage is very representative of the coastal land of mid-to-northern NSW (beginning from about where I am, in the "Mid-North Coast" region) to the Queensland border, subtropical with lots of ferns and such. The devs have obviously done their homework, congrats to them :thumbsup:

Great car you have there too, I like the paint job :anigrin:

Art Blade

BinnZ

That Infernus Retro will be released in GTA any time soo too ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

I like Lamborghini, they look great. I was curious about the "rare cars" auction (that's where I got my 2nd Countach with that money bonus) and saw someone auctioning a cool-looking Lambo, minimum bid starting at less than 100k. Not willing to buy a pig in a poke, I went to the normal car sales to check the price. The car wasn't listed  :huh-new: But damn, I know those LP 600 something were good cars ant that particular one really looked good.

2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV WITH BODY KIT
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It must be a prize car of sorts that you can't buy. Worth $500,000 as I found out later. I started bidding and ended up bidding some 320k or so but lost to someone who hit the "buy out" option (a maximum price set by the seller at which the car is yours if you do that before anyone else does) at I think 375k. Right after my 320k bid was accepted I thought silly me, I should have hit the buy out option as it wasn't far from what I was bidding anyway. Well.

Now I was eager to get one of those 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV. I used the search function for the auction looking for that specific car and man, there were several on offer. A few were already in the midst of bidding, starting at 400k, starting at 200k.. someone was already bidding 375k.. and I found the car no one had been bidding yet. Buy out at 275k. I bid my starting 67k or so and of course, someone else started to compete. One minute until that auction was over, is it going to be a race?

No. I thought about how I already would have spent over 300k but was out-bid so this time, I'd hit the buy out at only 275k. I did. And it's mine  :anigrin: That's when I first saw the worth of the car, 500k, but that is relative as you cannot buy it. Having compared several auctions of that car, I know I made a good deal  :bigsmile:

What a beauty it is. And damn, it is fast ??? The engine sounds in the game somewhat resemble the original car's sound. Not as full and throaty but still, you can tell a Lambo from a Ferrari by the sound. :)

I'm happy with that deal and did a few laps in that car after I did some tuning (I really like to change the gearbox settings, the gear ratio) Also the brake balance and wing settings. There's so much you can tune.. it's heaven, if you know what you're doing. I can usually make my car a lot faster than the "auto upgrade" options of the game can do. I manually choose and install engine and lots of different car parts to get a better performance out of it and then do the tuning.

Just so you get an idea: that circuit I keep racing on originally was hard for me to get around in 01:01.589 (one minute+) which was TerrZor's time when I had him as a "rival." Rivals are just ghost drivers, recorded and timed players who did the same race and are somewhat close to but better than your best time. So I had to really w0#k to overtake his ghost and beat his time.

Now, after I got better at tuning, I can do that same lap at around 52 seconds (I keep braking and waiting for the ghost so I can max out my bonus money). That is a lot faster if you know a bit about racing :anigrin: I am sure I can go around that track even faster.

The game is fun :) Oh, I made more than $1.6 million beating and racing rivals, so far.  O0

Art Blade

I got 10 Lambos now and 9 of them are different models. :anigrin:

Those goddamn street racers.. ??? ghost drivers as in ghosting other drivers, yeah, that's how you drive in Oz, eh? :gnehe:

PZ

Art Blade

some more racing cross country. Feels like riding on a lawn mower  :anigrin:

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on March 25, 2017, 06:38:14 AM
...that's how you drive in Oz, eh?

Yep, that looks about right :gnehe:

nex

Quote from: Art Blade on March 20, 2017, 07:18:15 AM

GKID, +1 :thumbsup: by the way for your last post. And my app works without crashing, I can take screenshots with it, too. However, it's never a one-key shortcut. Always a combination of CTRL, ALT

I started using OBS not so long ago, haven't been able to take screenshots with it yet   :banghead:
What I do like about it is the video clips being taken in MP4
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

OK, just to get you guys back on track, a truncated quote  :gnehe:
Quote from: Art Blade on March 24, 2017, 08:54:06 PMhard for me to get around in 01:01.589 (one minute+) ... Now, after I got better at tuning, I can do that same lap at around 52 seconds ... That is a lot faster if you know a bit about racing :anigrin: I am sure I can go around that track even faster ... I made more than $1.6 million beating and racing rivals, so far.

Meanwhile, I earned over $10 million beating rivals.

TerrZor found a new favourite car and downloaded a tuning (setup) for it. It took him days to beat my 52 seconds.

I tried various cars and tried to tune them so I could beat TerrZor's time which seemed impossible to beat. With his time of 0.51.109 he ranked #333 in the world. I couldn't get even close to his time.

BUT TODAY, I finally managed  :) It took me one entire week, racing every day, to tune my 52-seconds-car properly and to beat him. It's the same car he had to beat before :anigrin:

On top, I didn't use any driving aids -- I mention this because he used traction control. Me, all puristic, pure manual (controller) except automatic gear shifting because I'm lazy.

Now I'm rank #162 out of 1,063,002 drivers (and TerrZor currently #335) At least that are those who have competed on that track using the S2 class (fastest car class)

Yes, that's over a million competitors  :anigrin:

TerrZor really is a good driver and both of us enjoy the challenge, we keep trying to be fastest on that track. We're a good team  O0

Art Blade

The funny side of the $p@rts. :anigrin: I made a couple of paint jobs, this is one of those. :bigsmile:

PZ

Art Blade

Because I thought it looked cool. :bigsmile: It is full size. Car in the pic: Maserati Grand Turismo S.

Tags:
🡱 🡳