Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Well, Nomad have started, to my surprise, playing GTA V with me, BinnZ, SeedMayers and KuroKumaX9. I usually thought you and Nomad were only interested in private sessions rather than public
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I'm done with GTAV -- 5,000+ hours really were enough :)

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 20, 2017, 01:34:09 PM
I'm done with GTAV -- 5,000+ hours really were enough :)

4300 hours to be precise. But you still ahead of me; 3475 for me now :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: Wel, you definitely got a lot of value from GTA V  ;)

Art Blade

the other 700 were when I was dreaming of it between gaming sessions :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: Hope you didn't had bad dreams

Art Blade

no but these days I keep dreaming about Forza. Kind of weird, when I'm about to doze off, I mentally keep doing rivals and worrying about how the setup wasn't good enough.. not really a nightmare but still annoying enough :anigrin:

Funny though, because in my awake state, there currently are no rivals -- I've been unbeaten for a week or so. And I did quite a few different tracks :)

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

I hope that you can crack one or more of those lap times :) Some day, you will -- to me, it's just more fun to try to beat someone I know instead of just random people. If you can't beat a certain lap time, that's how you (may) learn to improve your setup / "tune" -- I got one setup out of trying to beat TerrZor that has proven so good until now that I basically can't really improve it anymore and with it and that car, I keep beating lap times on virtually every track I've raced on :anigrin:

About getting a good setup: Unfortunately there is no trick or golden rule. Just go from the default that you get when upgrading your car, save that tune and then start to make little changes here and there. The first thing I change is the gear box, trying to get a good acceleration without sacrificing top speed too much. If you think it got any better, save it -- and go from there. Keep making saves every time you think you improved. That's how you can go back and load your last good tune in case you messed up. Takes a good while.. I spent one week, every day, several hours per day, all the time working on the setup until I beat the rival time that seemed to be unbeatable. Also, driving around the track for so long is likely going to help you improve your driving skills :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

If I want to, I could beat your time, Art :)

Wut?? Someone got a dev build :o It appears to be released by accident by Turn 10 back in January :laughsm:

LOL, driving out of the map  :anigrin:

SUPER SPEED

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ATTEMPT TO DO THIS ONLINE WHEN UNDER THE OWG CLUB BANNER. WE AIM FOR A CLEAN PLAYER EXPERIENCE WHILE ONLINE.

Art Blade

Please don't mod the game or use exploits and so on as long as you are wearing the [OWG.] club badge.

I know that a ban really isn't fun and the least that I want is to be associated with a modder who is on the same crew/team/club and receive a penalty of whatever kind just because I am associated with hackers/modders/cheaters.

Single Player is one thing, you can do what you want, but as soon as online multiplayer/coop is involved, I will take drastic measures against anyone who breaks the rules. I have been reporting "suspicious" drivers who won races in cars they were not supposed to use (winning in a Bugatti Veyron while it is a Ford Fiesta only race and so on) or who won at impossible speeds (1 seconds total time while it takes like 2 minutes to get around a track and so on) because it takes the fun out of the game for anyone else who tries to beat the game in an honest way.

So I want this to be very clear -- cool and tempting as it might be, making use of exploits and modding will not be tolerated. Not my problem if a hacker/modder/cheater gets banned but if there is a chance I might get caught just because of association with that player, I much rather take steps as soon as I am aware of any of that.

Online gaming: No cheating. No modding. No exploits.

LowPolyOWG

I was not talking about modding in the first line. I was referrering to your time that I could beat. Sorry for the confusion  :-X

Art Blade

I didn't confuse it -- the videos speak for themselves and posting them is what made me reply. I just want it to be crystal clear that OWG online is supposed to be as clean as a whistle when it comes to playing online and that it will have drastic consequences if anyone on the team gets caught cheating.

I really hope that you won't try anything despite your interest in modding in other games (which is completely OK as long as it is not affecting online gaming)

LowPolyOWG

Of course, I have no issues with OWG being clean. Honestly, it's tempting to try, but it seems like it affects leaderboards and therefore online, which for me, is a no-no. Also, it breaks the game anyway and those glitches might have been patched

Art Blade

:thumbsup: :)

Just finished this week's Forzathon. Got the new Porsche and all the rest as well  :bigsmile:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳