Tom Clancy's The Division

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 28, 2017, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Ok, so this game had a free trial last weekend. It's a tactical third person shooter with MMO elements. Based on a post-apocalyptic N.Y in the Manhattan area. Following a virus outbreak, the city became an abandoned town with criminals looting everything. You can level up and get better gear along with better skills.

PC performance: Runs at +60 fps on my rig with all settings maxed out. It's also graphically good looking, despite suffering from a downgrade (goddamn you, consoles). The gold edition was on a -60% discount (€35). Decided to throw in a -20% rebate, so I got the game for -80% (€27) :anigrin: Default price is 89.99 €

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My character. No, I haven't encountered cowboy hats yet :laughsm:

Ranking up to lvl 30 can be tedious, so I teamed up with some randoms which ahd max level. Nice way to boost XP :anigrin:

I got downed and for some reason, my head clipped into this :laughsm:

Some enemies use flamethrowers and their fuel tanks can be shot to explode :evil2:

You can play emotes in this game. They are just for fun.

It's a nice looking game. Gameplay wise, it can be grindy and you don't have much freedom into how you approach enemies (basically go to x cover, shoot y and move to next cover z). The world is open, there are no need to unlock radio towers. You only need to unlock safe houses to fast travel to other areas. There are plenty of weapons and gadgets to play around with. I'll stick to this until Destiny 2 comes out :bigsmile:

Is it fun? With friends, yes.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

LowPolyOWG

MMO/RPGs are generally focused on the MP aspect. So not good for SP. You'd better wait for Far Cry 5

PZ

Definitely  O0

In the meantime I'm playing AC: Revelations, and still am working on Wildlands, Uncharted 4, Just Cause 3, Dirt, Watch Dogs 2.....  ::)

LowPolyOWG

Currently messing around in the Public Test Server. It's a server specifically designed for testing purposes. I decided to test this bad boy out :evil2: It seems to be the AMELI/MG3 mashed together. Basically the Buzzsaw from Far Cry 4, it shreds through infantry like butter :evil2: :anigrin:

Art Blade

Am I reading the data wrong? To me it looks as if that PISTOL had over 120,000 damage per second.. not so different from full automatic weapons, and isn't that a little exaggerated, anything with over one hundred thousand damage per second? ???

LowPolyOWG

Those are exotic/high end weapons. Yes, otherwise, you wouldn't be able to defeat end game enemies. A typical thing in MMOs, weapons deals higher damage as you rank up. Enemies can take more damage too!

The LMG is a beast in the Dark Zone. It's a quarantined area with strong enemies everywhere. And players, which you can either kill or leave in peace. The second option is best.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Messed around in the Dark Zone. A creepy place, there are enemies everywhere and potential hostile players. Enemies are quite bullet spongy and you're dead if you are not high enough level or have the best gear. The loot available there is worth it, you get a lot of crates/high-end items.

Looks like hell have broken loose. Piles of body bags right at the doorstep of Central Park.

One of the safe areas in the DZ. This seems to be a future area we might be able to visit. This is in DZ 09, the hardest place to survive of all dark zones.

An in-game boss. Being a gold enemy, he eats bullets. Yet, he was no match for my new toy :evil2: This is in DZ 08. 07-09 is the hardest areas to be in.

The entire map

A loot crate giving me a cache. That contains something random ranging from weapons, weapon attachments and armour

Low-level zone (DZ 01-03). Enemies are marked with purple/red health bars. Gold bosses can still spawn.

A contamination event/area. Going down while the warning is a skull means death.

I threw down a flamethrower turret. When exposed to fire, enemies take more damage :evil2:

Art Blade

looks like a lot of action and stuff to do :)

LowPolyOWG

Yep. For an UBI*bleep* title, it's something different :bigsmile: Still waiting for FC5 too :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Some DZ pictures. Met a friendly player so we teamed up to loot gear :)

An extraction chopper. To get the items, you need to call in a helicopter. The DZ has multiple extraction zones. They are defended by NPCs and players can attack you and hijack the extraction. Note the yellow bag on my back, it contains the contaminated loot. Up to 9 pieces of loot can be carried, you get more space by upgrading your Base.

Attaching the loot to the chopper

Got my rewards

Landmarks in the dark zone have bosses that drops loot. Very difficult to take on your own, as they have other golden enemies guarding them.

LowPolyOWG

Finished the story, this game has a lot of boss fights.

Bliss went out with a bang :evil2:

Art Blade

sounds like a rather short experience :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

MMOs/RPGs isn't played for the story. I think the experience is more Fallout/WoW/Destiny-like, but with a focus on MP and get the best gear. Yeah, the story is somewhat short, but most of the backstory leading to the main game are told through discovering the world (phone recordings) etc. There's just 18 main missions in the game and those are fast phased. It depends on the difficulty though, doing them solo on the hardest difficulty is a pain in the *bleep* :banghead:

This game is obviously played best with a 4 player team

🡱 🡳