Tom Clancy's The Division

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 28, 2017, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yep. :gnehe: My "ATM" is reserved for offline games only ;)

As I said, I used standard gear with XP/monetary bonuses and sold a lot of worthless items to the vendors.

Also, this week is called "Onslaught", your bullets will give enemies status effects (disoriented/fire/bleed). This ability can be cycled through by reloading your weapon.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

and.. fire is your preferred status? :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Eh, it's not that effective. ;) Unless you use a fire turret build  :evil2: :gnehe:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

NPC health values

Regarding recoil, it comes to the game not being designed around shooting with a mouse. Other games like Black Ops 4/Destiny 2 have a different approach.

BinnZ

Quote from: OWGKID on November 23, 2018, 03:46:33 AM
...Regarding recoil, it comes to the game not being designed around shooting with a mouse. Other games like Black Ops 4/Destiny 2 have a different approach.

Interesting... so for some reason this game gives you almost no recoil effects because it's console- hence controller based?

Nice shootout in that second video, good shooting! All the info on-screen is for insiders I suppose, so I didn't really pay attention. But definitely nice shooting man! +1 :thumbsup:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Well, the recoil can't be controlled that well, compared to BO4/Destiny 2. AB asked me about it. This game was ported over to PC, as UBI*bleep* wanted a console-only approach.

LowPolyOWG

Alright, call me crazy. Out of 20+ million players, only 6-10 players have been doing this. :laughsm: :anigrin:
Took me like 4 weeks of replaying Precinct siege constantly.

Art Blade

that's persistence and fine shooting, too. Nice, +1 :thumbsup: :anigrin:

Regarding recording software/stuttering video recordings
Spoiler
I think your game was likely running smoother than the video which seems to have dropped many frames - it would have been unplayable if the game had run like that.

I had that problem with my first videos, too. Sometimes the PC is already at its limits so the video recording can't keep up anymore. Reducing some of the graphics details might help.

I believe you're using OBS for recording, I'll give you my current settings which in my case usually produce smooth videos (else I reduce graphics settings of the game) so you can compare:

Audio:
44.1 kHz Stereo

Video:
Base/Output 1920x1080,
downscale Bilinear,
60FPS

Output (all following entries refer to the output tab)
Mode: Simple
Streaming:
video bitrate 5500,
encoder hardware,
audio bitrate 160 and both checkboxes checked,
encoder preset low latency High Quality,
Recording:
high quality medium size
recording format MP4
encoder Hardware

LowPolyOWG

Thanks, will check them out. Well, this game is CPU intensive (Ubisoft optimization at w0#k) and an AMD CPU would definitely help. I have turned shadows to low and everything else to medium. Now, a laptop is more bottlenecked in terms of performance compared to a desktop.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 07, 2019, 04:00:13 AM
Regarding recording software/stuttering video recordings

I changed my encoder preset and it's even smoother, you might want to try it:

from
encoder preset low latency High Quality
to
encoder preset High Quality

To my surprise, I even got really smooth results after cranking up the quality settings, so skipping "low latency" and going for just "high quality" definitely is an improvement. I too use low shadow quality, it just takes away too much of my performance to use higher shadow settings, the rest is essentially now at maximum. :)

🡱 🡳