Started by LowPolyOWG, September 28, 2017, 08:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

As with any MMO and RPG, your gear determinates your gear score, which influence the enemy difficulty. End game gear has plenty of bonuses and unique combinations. My gear is tailored towards suppression with LMGs and deal as much damage as possible, while carrying plenty of ammunition :evil2: The gold bars here are gear mods, that increases one of the three skill ratings (firepower, stamina and electronics). Those ratings affects the weapon attributes. The set I'm wearing, is called Lone Star. It's main bonuses are 100% ammunition capacity, 8% more LMG/Shotgun damage and upon equipping the 4th set or the NinjaBike Messenger bag, all weapons will automatically reload when you swap them.

Weapon perks. Influenced by your skill score. Can be changed into something else, but only one can be permanently altered. Not meeting the requirements automatically locks it.

Perks. Permanently unlocked by upgrading your base. Gives more inventory space and the ability to carry more DZ loot, receive more credits and XP.

Skills. Ranging from turrets, seeker mines, riot shields, medic stations and radar. Also includes three distinct super skills. I personally use recovery link, it automatically revives you and downed allies within the radius. I also use the radar ability to temporarily tag enemies behind cover. Each ability have three additional benefits you can pick. Only one benefit can be equipped at the time.

You have three skill slots, two are unlocked by progression, the third is unlocked by completing your base.

Talents. Passive, but triggers when conditions are met. Can help you in combat.

Weapon customization. In this case, I slapped on an extended mag on my MG5 along with a suppressor, grip and red dot. All items comes with different stats. Attachment stats cannot be recalibrated (changed into something else).

Recalibration station. Change attributes for your gear. Note the chevrons marking which talent you swapped. That talent can be changed how many times you want.

Art Blade

that's an awful lot of customisation options which is nice. Although it looks a bit of a mystery, I am sure that one will find out what's what after a while. I like the ability to customise gear to one's personal taste and matching it with one's play style. You seem to have unlocked and maxed out about everything there is O0

nex

Don't these devs and producers get tired of the same thing over and over again?
I'm sure there's about a hundred or more movies and TV shows made about post-apocalyptic,
getting worse than zombies and little green men  :angry-new:
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Oh I forgot one thing. Items are rated from "Worn" to "Exotic", with exotics being the best. Art, yeah, I'll happily buy The Division 2, if UBI*bleep**bleep* plans that. Hopefully, Massive have learned from their mistakes and delivers a more polished experience.

Gear ratings:

• Worn
  • Standard
  • Specialized
  • Superior
  • High-End
  • Exotic
  • Gear Set

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Okay, my friend on The Division told me that I ran a gear set that provided no advantages compared to the others... He recommended that I used the Classified gear sets instead. Basically similar in naming to the normal gear sets, but they have three unique attributes earned by having all 6 pieces weared together. Incompatible with the NinjaBike bag for obvious reasons. Also, you can change/reroll two attributes on classified pieces rather than just one :anigrin:

The bonuses for the Striker set. Best suited for LMGs, compared to the Lone Star.

Bottom of the description.

Recalibrating my gear :gnehe:

Art Blade

very nice -- good tip from your friend  O0

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, I am starting to like it :gnehe: Waiting for 1.8, I got some loot crates from the Global Event waiting for me :bigsmile: The Global Events (GE) for short gives you access to GE credit. You can buy loot crates for those GE credits that gives you a random gear set, classified item or an exotic. GE credits are rewarded by doing missions/killing bosses and is not locked behind a paywall.

LowPolyOWG

The new update release trailer :anigrin: Time to reinstall the game on the laptop  :-X

Also, free weekend on the 7th through the 10th of December :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Got myself the new LMG. How does it perform? It shreds enemies, but I need to pick cover wisely. Had some issues engaging a boss.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

That is what the enemy is doing  :anigrin: UBI*bleep* did some tweaking after the PTS test. Damage was dialed down against players and a glitch made the damage modifier apply if you aimed at the sky while in cover and then shot an enemy. That glitch was patched before launch.

I figured out that my GTX 1070 wasn't happy with the DX12 render. The skybox looked corrupted and the frame rate was poor (stuttering 60-70). Reversing to DX11 solved it (better frame rate pacing as it wasn't  a stuttering mess) Partially UBI*bleep*'s fault, the game is more optimized towards AMD hardware under DX12 and the game engine is just DX11 ported to DX12. Nvidia GPUs prefer serial execution rather than parallellism on AMD's side.

Art Blade

Finally something that makes me believe in UBI*bleep* again. In their consistency regarding inability and failure, that is. :anigrin:

🡱 🡳