Komplett PC building contest

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 11, 2017, 02:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Good job GKID  O0  I still rely on your expertise in building a PC  :thumbsup: +1

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

yes :) Seriously, that comment about the winning PC with only 3GB vid ram.. how did that piece of *bleep* win?

LowPolyOWG

He didn't mentioned targeted settings, just 1080p gaming ;) Now, I did skimp on the CPU, which might be a bottleneck for the RX 580... But, I chose a motherboard with more features, faster RAM, cheaper storage and a 8GB AMD card. Maybe too gimmicky, but my friend runs an MSI mobo and he's happy with it. However, the winner did designed it around one thing that I didn't thought about. Streaming and video editing. There, the R5 1600/M.2 SSD makes sense. I haven't noticed any difference in loading times for games, as I use a M.2 drive myself. Booting is fast. Still want to exchange the GPU for a 8GB or at least the 6GB GTX 1060. The case is beautiful though, I am at least getting a similar case for my proposed rig in the future :bigsmile:. I would prefer going for a cheaper case, performance rather than exterior visuals.

Digital Foundry's 1060 3GB review across Crysis 3, Ashes of the Singularity, Tomb Raider, Hitman and AC: Unity. Note how it performs worse in games exceeding 3GB VRAM

Komplett's verdict in Norwegian
Spoiler

"Oppsettet er gjennomtenkt og gir høy ytelse til alle dagens spill. Her kan du fint spille i 1080p i 60+ FPS på ultrahøye instillinger. Både en ultrarask Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD på 250GB og 1TB harddisk for lagring = perfekt! Flott kabinett med vindu i siden og en god EVGA strømforsyning. Alt i alt, VELDIG mye PC for pengene! Vinneren sier vel egentlig alt selv i sin forklaring."

Translation: A thoroughly setup that gives high performance in all modern games. Here you can play in 1080p, 60 fps on ultra-high settings. An ultrafast SAMSUNG EVO 960 M.2 SSD with 250 GB and 1TB HDD for storage = Perfect! Good looking case with a side window and a good EVGA PSU. In all, PLENTY of PC for your money! The winner explains everything himself"

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳