Just Cause 4

Started by PZ, July 02, 2019, 09:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I know this game is not of much interest here at OWG, but I loved JC2, and still played it as recently as a week or two ago. I did not like JC3 as much, so never finished it. Yesterday I installed JC4 and the V1.0 size was a bit over 47gb. Once that was installed, there was a large update to V1.21 of about 12gb, however, I could start the game and play it while the update downloaded (took about 9 hours, so it was a good day)

I got the gold edition for the same price as the standard version because it was on sale.

The biggest change I see in equipment is in the grapple hook - you can now throw out various tools like a helium device that you can tether to lift objects (or people), thrusters that you can attach to things that will propel them away, and a couple of other things that are now modified in a grapple hook menu.

The largest change in the game is in how you take over the world. Now you have associates that are working in the background giving you missions to free citizens who will then train and mobilize to expand your area of influence.

In JC2 a single anti-aircraft round would take your helo down, and now it takes several, depending on what kind of helo you are flying.

The graphics are obviously much better as are the explosions, the people, and just about everything.

The game works much like JC2, and the areas are quite similar so I think I might like this game. In summary, it feels kind of like a well polished updated version of JC2.

Art Blade

nice. I enjoyed JC2 tremendously, especially with silly mods. I never felt like getting another iteration but if I wanted to, I'd get JC4 because of your description O0

PZ

Well, the jury is still out on this one. It does not seem to be popular, much like FC2, but so far I like it. However, I have only played the introductory sequence and a few missions, but so far it is fun. There was a mission where you needed to break into a warehouse, and as part of the introduction into the game, screen prompts guided you into grapple hooking a fuel barrel and tethering it to the doors. The fuel barrel flew into the doors exploding, which of course blew the doors away.

One nice thing is they abandoned the number sequence you needed to complete to throw drivers out of vehicles, and so far, opening doors by switches also does not require number combinations.

Art Blade

nex

I just watched a 1 hour walkthorough intro, the guy doesn't know which way to go because
he's getting shot at from literately all directions non stop.
Is that what the game is all about, or am I missing something?
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Strange - I played at least an hour into the game, and as long as you follow the guided prompts to learn how to w0#k the game, it goes smoothly. You have to pay attention to the dialog however; you have a partner that tells you where to go, and you actually need to follow else I suspect you can get into trouble.

I'm probably the worst gamer in history, and if I can get through the introductory and initial sets of missions, anyone can.  :gnehe: In fact, there is a stats area in the menu and in some missions I'd not been hit at all.

nex

So you can't do you own thing or do missions at your leisure?

PZ

Yes, you can do things open world style. There are just a few training mission things where you learn how to use the different aspects of the grapple hook, and other features of your character. Once those are done, you are free to make your decisions anywhere on the map (as far as I know - I have done several things in various areas).

nex

Thanks PZ, I tried JC 2 at the time but didn't like it very much,
maybe I must take a closer look JC 4

Dweller_Benthos

I saw some video of this when it was released and it looked fun, especially the grapple, but again the 3rd person thing catches me.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: nex on July 07, 2019, 02:52:32 PM
Thanks PZ, I tried JC 2 at the time but didn't like it very much,
maybe I must take a closer look JC 4

Check carefully nex - I loved JC2, and have not liked the subsequent games as much, so you might not like this version either. However, the equipment in this version is cool, and much better than that in JC2 or JC3. I just un.locked an attack drone, which is delivered via what looks like a shipping container by your pilots. I have two so far, and they appear to be the replacement for the black market dealer in JC2. I had one delivered, and when the container hit the ground, it was released, and it went off to do it's own thing - I do not know if it automatically attacks, or how it works.

I keep accumulating attack groups to expand my sphere of influence in the world, but I am not sure exactly how that works either. This version of the game is way more complex than prior versions, and the graphics are excellent, especially explosions and other special effects.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 08, 2019, 08:06:04 AM
I saw some video of this when it was released and it looked fun, especially the grapple, but again the 3rd person thing catches me.

I knew you wouldn't be interested D_B, but I also knew you might like the videos because the game is full of action.  :gnehe:

nex

Tags:
🡱 🡳