FarCry 2 plotholes

Started by TheStranger, October 19, 2017, 08:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

So I have started another playthrough and took on the first APR mission to kill the police chief.

http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Cop_Killer

If you meet your buddy he tells you to steal the ledger from the brother of the chief. This is the plot from the mission:

"Your buddy will ask you to meet him or her at a Safe House to the south of Shwasana. Your buddy will suggest that you head over to the Shwasana fishing village and get a ledger from the Police Chief's brother; the book contains some sensitive information about some of the Chief's shady deals with the APR. This will cause the police chief to return to the Police Station which will make him an easier target. Also, when the deputy in the police finds out, he decides to deliver a large quantity of weapons to the UFLL. Your buddy intends to ambush this delivery and asks that you'll be there to help them out.

You'll need to make your way up to Shwasana to get the ledger from the chief's brother. He will be located on the second floor of the large building in the centre of the village. After you intimidate him, he'll tell you where the book is. Pick it up and head towards the Police Station

Once at the Police Station go to the building marked on your map and take out the police chief. After that, make your way towards the east, and help your buddy fight off the militia."

First the APR tells you to kill the police chief because he is friends with the UFLL. Your buddy tells you to steal the ledger which states that the chief took bribes from the APR. Ok. You steal the ledger and travel to the police station to kill the chief. When you are near him you hear him talk to the deputy on the phone, that he is his boss and the deputy is only a weak shell of a man etc. Your buddy mentioned before that the deputy really despises his boss. We don't know why the police chief is threatening him - obviously can't be about the ledger. Then you walk in and the chief tells you to not intervene in private matters. You kill him. Telephone rings. Your buddy tells you that now the deputy knows about the ledger (how???) and out of spite steals the weapons from the station and delivers them to the UFLL which happens instantly.

So how does everyone know about the ledger, which is with our hero the whole time. The only one knowing about it is the police chief whom his brother may have called after I stole it. But how does the deputy know? I mean he did never see that ledger. Maybe he acted on a phone call from our buddy? And why is the police chief mad if weapons are deliverd to the UFLL, when he is friends with them all along. Granted, these are official weapons that have been stolen by the deputy.

Just a little nitpicking ;) Let's see which holes the other missions have :)

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

I can easily remember the mission as you described it, and the twist of finding the plotholes is yet another amusing part of what is still my favorite game of all time - excellent topic TS  O0 +1

TheStranger

I don't know how often I have played this misson already, but I never realized these plot holes.

Fun fact: The police station is full of UFLL posters. So the UFLL collaboration of the police chief was very subtle :D

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

I'm going to need to look for those details the next time I play through the game

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

I discovered something hilarious. I remember that Seth Uniya shouted for a guard that shares my given name  :laughsm:

The making of Far Cry 2

Seems like UBI*bleep* messed up at some parts.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

thanks for digging that up and sharing it.

For that, and all the other current contributions, here a +1 :thumbsup: from me :)

LowPolyOWG

Thanks  :anigrin:

Based on our discussions on the old forum, it definitely was unfinished and somewhat rushed, despite the almost 4 year development time. Remember the "Black Mamba" string?

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Even the original Red Dead Redemption was a developer nightmare. Hence no PC version

PZ

+1 from me as well  O0

I remember the Black Mamba as well, and the discussions we had regarding hidden gems in the game.

I recall fragger finding a difficult pathway up to the ledges behind the Polytechnic area - great place for sniping and well worth another play through for me.

I have the old RDR on PS3, and it was fun, and even quite funny in many instances. One thing I liked about the console versions is that not a single one ever crashed for me even to this day.

LowPolyOWG

fragger

TheStranger, thanks for sharing that :thumbsup: I confess, I never thought that deeply about the missions and their potential plot holes.

I just like to run around and shoot stuff :gnehe:

Art Blade

PZ

I enjoyed finding things that many did not notice, like the Polytechnic path fragger found, and a back way up the rocks over a few other areas.  Then, when using the high jump cheat, even more sniper hides were made available. Combine that with a silent extended range AS50, and the game was significantly different.  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳