Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

have fun :)

I think the AC series doesn't require cheats. I like to cheat but if games are good enough not to, then I don't ;) I played a couple of games of  the AC series and I don't think I ever cheated in those.

LowPolyOWG

I'll try to do some vanilla gameplay first, just as I did with GTA V, before I installed a trainer and messed up SP
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Definitely don't need cheats in this game if I can successfully play it  O0

Another thing I like about this iteration of An AC game is that you can choose your level of difficulty, easy, medium, hard...

LowPolyOWG

Recent update now allows you enable/disable enemy level scaling. I assume that means low-level areas will stay with low-level enemies, unless you enable it. Say, you have the first area with lvl 1 mobs. Enable scaling, and they will suddenly be on the same level as you!

Art Blade

better replay-value and perhaps loot if they level with you. :thumbsup:

PZ

I don't know about the loot, but I suspect that is true. Yes, if you enable level scaling, then enemy in the level 5 areas might actually become level 35.

This is fairly reasonable because I went back to the entry in the world (level 5) and with a single swing of my sword dispatched 4 level 5 guards. My poison is so effective, a level 9 guard will last about a second or two in the fume cloud. I remember attacking a level 9 fort and with a single poisoning, dispatched everyone coming at me, and when I went out the front gate, there were at least a dozen more that had been poisoned by a horseback rider running out the gate killing everyone in his horse's path.

It was fun, but could become quite old with no challenge whatsoever.

LowPolyOWG

O0

I am looking forward to play it. Ordered a 4TB external hard drive for my laptop. Don't want to waste SSD space :)

PZ

I think you'll probably like it - definitely if you liked FC2. There are many fast travel centers, but the land is so vast, you still need to travel by horseback much of the time - was just thinking this morning that it kind of reminded me of FC2 travel from point to point.

Some people have complained about travel through the deserts, which do not have many fast travel centers in many instances, and do not seem to have much to do considering the huge space. I'm wondering if they will populate these vast areas with DLC in the future. However, I kind of like having to ride through these areas because the landscape is beautiful, there are rebels and animals that attack, and still quite  few loot areas as well as tombs and stone circles to discover.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Alright, I think I decided to break the game  :-X

Spoiler
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

:laughsm:

Didn't give me any skill points though, so I got a grind anyway :gnehe:

It looks visually great for an UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* title, the game's combat is fun and the animations are awesome. Currently exploring the low-level area raiding bases etc. Man, this game turns out to be enjoyable :o Performance wise, I hover around 60-90 fps in the open areas. And 50-60 in towns. Not bad for a laptop with an 17-7700HQ/GTX 1070 :bigsmile: PC DL was like 44 GB

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

I decided to give myself 1000 pieces of every resource type in the game :laughsm: I am maxed out, before I am supposed to  :laughsm: :anigrin: :evil2:

Art Blade

PZ

How did you get the 1000 pieces of all resources? Glad you are enjoying the game - it gets better the further you go along, and visually is even more stunning once you get to the larger metropolitan areas and the pyramids.

Here is another poison video - however this time, rather than being in an openly hostile fort, these guards are simply trying to prevent anyone from stealing the loot box, so they do not alert simply by your presence. I darted one guard and they started to fall - once they did, then I was finally noticed.

I did not strike a single guard, and the numbers you see flashing above them are the hit points being delivered by the poison.

more poison

Tags:
🡱 🡳