Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hey.. I thought you had a 16:9 monitor now but the vid is still 4:3?

You scanned the area and one of the snipers in a guard tower, I believe at the East end, stayed alive all the time until you left, even. Why didn't you kill him?

Funny: the pop-up on screen when your drone found an "alarmed car." Makes it sound as if the car was on high alert, alarmed :anigrin:

Funny: at the end, when you landed with that priest on board, one of the guys on the ground got knocked off his feet by the air turbulence of the landing chopper :)

Dweller_Benthos

I was wondering too about the 4:3 aspect, thought it was the game or something.

That car wasn't alarmed, it was downright scared, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nex

I don't know why the aspect ratio isn't 16.9, I must have
wrong settings somewhere.
Are you talking about the guy near the windmill on the far right, Art?

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

the sniper next to the helipad, you're looking almost straight at him at 10:16

nex

I think what you see is the machine gun, it sometimes shows up like there's a guy
there depending on the angle you look towards it.

nex

I'm just thinking, I copy all these videos onto my old machine and from
there post it onto youtube, I wonder if that will cause the aspect ration
to be 4.3 and not 16.9

Art Blade

yeah, it was likely the machine gun. I kept seeing that orange icon that looked like a rifle shooter in a standing position.

Regarding the aspect ratio: I assume that you're already playing in 16:9 or 1920*1080 resolution. In your recording software D3DGear, check the properties, "record movie," and there's the screen resolution the vid will be captured in, should be set to 1920*1080. You may need to adjust that accordingly.

In Handbrake, check the menu under Presets, there click on "show preset panel" so you get to see the different "recording" or export setups. Make sure that it's set to something using 1920*1080.

It's got nothing to do with copying files from one to another machine :)

nex

I just checked, it keeps on changing to 1280X720
Looks like I will have to contact them, thanks   :thumbsup:

Art Blade

welcome, I guess? You know, it's strange.. 1280*720 actually is 16:9. Your vids look more like 1024*768 which is 4:3.

nex

Just had a response from D3DGear support,
the guy recommended 1280X720
I changed mine to 1920X1080 will see what happens, if not ok then
I will change to 1280X720

Art Blade

just by the way, your video file sizes will be quite a bit larger at higher resolutions. With that in mind, I think you're better off with 1280*720/30fps while we (audience) are better off with 1920*1080/60fps.

However, what I still don't understand and what puzzles me is that you seemed to be surprised that your uploads were 4:3. To me it means that you had been playing likely with your new monitor's native resolution (1920*1080) and simply recorded that, crunched it with HandBrake and then uploaded it. If that was the case, either D3DGear (doesn't seem likely) or HandBrake resized your video. I think you should check the settings of HandBrake.

Generally speaking: check your game's video settings; those should be 1920*1080. Then record for a very short time and watch that recording before crunching it. If the recording is OK, crunch it and then watch the crunched vid. All that to make sure it's still the same resolution you were gaming at. One of the three sources (game, D3DGear, HandBrake) must be the culprit.

I hope you find out what caused the down-sized vids :)

nex

Just had a look at my Monitor Res. it shows 1080p, 1920X1080 (native)
I changed it to 1080i, 1920X1080

nex

Just had a look on the net 1080p is better than 1080i, so maybe 1280X720 would be the answer

Art Blade

the "i" stands for interlaced and most monitors require that. I think it's best you watch your video, try different settings and watch them. The closer to the original (when you're actually playing) the better it is. I find there's a huge difference between 30 frames per second and 60. I keep recording 60fps videos because they're smoother. The file size kind of doubles, unfortunately.

D3DGear's recording settings (There is no option for "i" or "p" in D3DGear) here look like this:
1920*1080, 60fps, MP4, Nvidia Hardware H.264 Codec, quality/compress ratio: Good. Audio codec: MP3.

I only found that "p" in HandBrake but it doesn't have "i" at all. I reckon it's best to ignore it and consider just the 30 or 60 next to that "p" which stands for either 30 or 60 frames per second. under Presets you'll find "Web" and there "Vimeo YouTube HQ 1080p60" which should be good.

Tags:
🡱 🡳