Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

(ah, you slipped one in before I could post this hehe, going to check that vid now)

absolutely!

It is misleading, that "good" vs "best" because it implies it relates to quality while in reality, it relates to compression.

nex

Thanks for the tip, my next one will be on "Good"   O0
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

@&%$#! :laughsm:

the other way round  :D

it looks as if "good" vs "best" was related to compression but file size reveals it's related to quality. "best" quality results in huge file sizes

Art Blade

welcome O0

you posted again before I could, the last one :D

Art Blade

then again, if you change that from best to good, it will be a little bit more blurry but the file size might be good enough that you don't need to crunch the vid with HandBrake and avoid more blur. :)

Art Blade

just watched that vid. Man, the colours are great when there's sunshine and lots of plants around it's so JUICY green :thumbsup: :)

This is the first time marked enemies were not shown with red markers, why's that?

Nice sniper shot killing Bento in a way that he's already perfectly on display the way he's lying on that pallet ;D

By the way, top left of the screen "El Wey" is strange from a language point of view. In the Spanish language, there are no words with "W" unless they're loanwords like web. They'd pronounce (and sometimes even spell) it as if it was a "U" (pronounced like the English "oo") making Wey sound like "Ooay." Strange, really :huh-new: :)

PZ

nex

They show up purple and not red
Everything UNIDAD shows up in purple, Santa Blanca are red and the rebels are green

nex

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on March 30, 2019, 07:32:08 AM
By the way, top left of the screen "El Wey" is strange from a language point of view. In the Spanish language, there are no words with "W" unless they're loanwords like web. They'd pronounce (and sometimes even spell) it as if it was a "U" (pronounced like the English "oo") making Wey sound like "Ooay." Strange, really :huh-new: :)

Being set in Bolivia, I guess that could be a local variation of Spanish.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Erm.. are you saying that they're no longer speaking Spanish? That the grammar rules and all that which makes a language do no longer apply to Bolivia?

I have a simple test for you to check out for yourself and you don't need to speak Spanish, it will still w0#k.

I googled a random Bolivian online news portal (see below) which is called "Bolivia en tus manos / noticias" and that translates to "Bolivia in your hands / news." Now, click it, and hit CTRL+F to search ANY text there, and enter the letter W as a search term, then keep hitting it and check which words containing a W are marked. All I found were "www" and "news" which are loanwords. If you were right, there would be tons of words with W.

https://www.boliviaentusmanos.com/noticias/

However, Spanish is not their original language. Quote from Wiki:
although 36 indigenous languages also have official status, of which the most commonly spoken are Guarani, Aymara and Quechua languages.

So if "Wey" is not Spanish, then it's not a "local variant of Spanish" but maybe a word or name of those indigenous languages, which still doesn't make it Spanish but either a proper (indigenous) name or a loanword, kind of the same thing in this context, and that is what I said in the first place.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

PZ

Cool  :thumbsup:

I noticed the drone was being jammed, but the jamming effect appeared to go away when you went high - can you fly the drone above the jamming?

Tags:
🡱 🡳