Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

It was quite funny though, how one could gradually w0#k a plane over a wooden fence  :anigrin:

nex

Know what you mean PZ, I had one where I had to  spawn a buggy to help me get a bush plane out from where I got it jammed between rocks
just about 100 m from the landing strip, got it out after using a second buggy
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

So let me be sure I get this right, nex. If I go to a place where I need to steal a plane to deliver it to a location, I can steal it, land somewhere safe and then take a helicopter to the original landing destination? If so, is the successful mission trigger your presence at the destination, and it does not matter how you get there?

nex

I haven't tried doing that with a steal a plane mission PZ, I think the flight plan mission would be different.
I'm thinking the steal a plane mission means you must deliver the actual plane you're stealing to
a designated spot, where the flight plan mission is just to make it very difficult for you to reach your destination
because of all the SAM launchers you'll encounter. I might be wrong though.   

PZ

It will make a good experiment though - flying the plane is a bit difficult for me so I might try the method. If it does not w0#k, then likely I'll experience the "You have left the mission area..." message.

Art Blade

nex

The planes are difficult to fly, specially using a keyboard like I do.
There are a number of planes around PZ, I grabbed a few flew around just to get the feel of it and to try out the controls 

PZ

Yeah, I tried flying a few, and it is not too bad, but the developers think it a good idea to make the gamer think the runway is right ahead when in fact, the runway is another valley ahead.

nex

Those location arrows are deceiving.
A tip, just be careful when you steal the medical chopper just North of Monte Puncu Bravo PZ,
don't fly over the mountains straight to the arrow like I did, it will take you over the map boundary and if you don't return
quick enough you'll get a fail mission.
From the landing strip you should fly in an easterly direction hugging the mountains on your left till you're past Lacumbre,
then swing North to the drop off, there are no SAM launchers in the area.
The pad where you steal the chopper from is at a pan of water, on the other side of the pan are some buildings and
also a few more a bit to the left right in your path, there are a few sniper towers there, so watch them.

PZ

Thanks nex - all tips appreciated  :thumbsup:

I did a steal helo mission at some kind of base where you had to remain completely stealthy, so the best way I found was to drone kill sync shot the groups of guys when they were somewhat isolated. It took a while because you had to study their paths and kill appropriately so their bodies would not be discovered.

Then once you take off, you had to fly through a narrow gorge with a river at the bottom else you'd be shot out of the sky. Once close to the destination, you had to shoot down Unidad helos that were coming after you.

What is ultimately annoying is that you can get almost to the end, but if you lose your helo and get shot down, you start all over again. That is so stupid I just left that mission, and have not returned.

nex

That sounds like the Silent Spade mission PZ.

PZ

That sounds familiar, nex  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately for me, the developers apparently think gamers will keep at a mission until they complete it even if it means that you do things repeatedly. That might be true for most, but I can't stand repeating exactly the same thing time after time until you complete it - takes all the fun out of the mission, and for me is a colossal waste of time.  :banghead:

nex

I've posted that part of the mission here PZ, Silent Spade 1 Post No 567
If you don't want to watch the whole video, just watch from where I take off from the Base
that'll show you how easy it actually is.

PZ

PZ

I made it all the way to where the Unidad helos attack you and could not get past that. Looks like you simply waited in the canyon until the heat wore off and they went away - nice!  :thumbsup:

That will make it easy to finish the mission, because although our methods of attack differed, it was relatively easy to clear the base.

Tags:
🡱 🡳