Prepare for... THE DOOMSDAY!!!!!!!

Started by BinnZ, December 07, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

The time has come... the ultimate Evil is within us... is it the North Koreans? China maybe? Russia? Anyway, prepare for:

THE DOOMSDAY HEIST
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy....

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

as long as you're going to have fun :)

I find it horrible that Rockstar makes a game money out of a situation that is far from funny.

LowPolyOWG

"A billionaire tech mogul, an idealistic intelligence agent, a socially awkward conspiracy theorist and a neurotic supercomputer have been forced into an unlikely alliance to save San Andreas from total annihilation. As apocalyptic threats mount from enemies unknown, you and your criminal crew are enlisted to un-tangle mysteries and eradicate threats spanning from the bustling streets of downtown Los Santos to the ocean floor and all the way to the inner depths of Mount Chiliad in an epic new online adventure.

The Doomsday Heist is coming to Grand Theft Auto Online on December 12th."

From the webpage. Looks like the conspiracy theory about Mount Chiliad/Jetpack is now correct. Great, now I need to download this game in about 8-9 hours to my laptop  :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

If I had the gigabit connection, downloads would not be a problem. Just noticed that the tank is visually similar to the SR3 Crusader. Notably the cannon and the overall shape

BinnZ

Oh, good find GKID!! It is indeed quite similar O0
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Yes, but I googled it up from the GTA O reddit and found out it's based on a Polish tank. Which is based upon a Swedish CV-90120T prototype.

Crusader from SR3. It's loosely based upon an Israeli Merkava. I would say given R*'s love of mashing car models together, it's most likely inspired by them both.

Dweller_Benthos

So is that what that 2.8GB download was today? Time to bring the external hard drive to w0#k again.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

:anigrin:

Poor D_B, all to be able to keep on playing SP, damn :-\
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

None of the CoD games does that. SP/MP are separate executables. Prevents cheating at least and you don't need to install some pieces of the game you don't need

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 13, 2017, 02:23:13 PM
yes. bad idea to "bundle" sp and mp.

I totally agree - many times I have opted not to do updates or purchase extra DLC simply because it was not evident if it was for MP or SP

fragger

I won't ever be playing GTA V again. I didn't get it though Steam, it was a store-bought copy. Which means if I install it on my new PC, all those massive MP downloads that R* forced upon me since the beginning will force themselves upon me all over again. ALL of them. That's in addition to all the patches and updates since the start, and the install itself, which alone took several hours. I hate to think how long it would be before I could actually get to play, even with my reasonably decent internet connection.

Stuff that.

And I would have to go through the whole SP campaign again, which I didn't enjoy very much. I only liked the game for its free-roaming aspects outside of, and after, the story.

R* should never have lumbered SPs with tons of MP content that they'll never use. What flaming genius decided that would be a good idea? :angry-new: If it was intended to lure more people into the online game, then it failed miserably. All it did was tick off people like myself who never had any such intentions.

LowPolyOWG

Probably the CEO/senior executives at Take Two/R*. Some of the senior dev team left (notably Leslie Benzies and Adam Fowler, both were directors when it came to production and the technical expertise) R* for whatever reason. Maybe they realized that GTA is no longer about the singleplayer anymore? Now, GTA O's money making is fueled by Shark Cards. As in the design, GTA O wasn't so massive as it was now. Not too bad, we got the DLCs for free, rather than a split playerbase. I really hope R* and Take Two go the same route for RDR2 and for god's sake, DON'T DO LIKE EA! :angry-new:

I stopped playing GTA, as I got tired of it in the end. Lots of fun to be had, I still happily remember the day we began to heist :bigsmile:

Art Blade

I too essentially quit playing maybe a year ago. I still get the uploads because in my case, it doesn't matter (fixed price fast internet, no restrictions on up- and download volume) and that's why I sometimes go back for more or less nostalgic reasons. I still have got in-game money from heists long ago so I have been able to buy one or two new things of recent updates such as a hangar in Fort Zancudo for about $1.5m and that tiny helicopter for "only" like $3.5m or so and a car for like $1m. Still got about $6m left. But I'm no fan anymore. And I'm certainly not interested in the weird war machinery GTAO has been changed into. If I go online, it's still the same as it used to be: invite only, a private session, usually on my own or with one or two friends like Binnatics and GKID. Heists? No longer interested in that. I'm ever more into free roaming and, my friends who have been with me long enough know what I mean when I mention this, "the city race track" -- more or less a reckless driving in a loop through LS centre, some kind of illegal street racing if you will, but just for fun, no bets, no timing.

Tags:
🡱 🡳