Christmas

Started by nex, December 22, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

what, an aeroplane propeller for ventilator?  ??? Wow. that's a proper fan O0

I used to have a fan that might have been that size, it was in a cage and placed standing on the ground. It was so strong that I couldn't breathe when standing in front of it (at max setting) -- it was meant to circulate air in a large room like a warehouse. So, literally, breathtaking  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Same thing Art, why I say airplane propeller is because the blades almost look like, and it sounds like airplane propellers.
It has three speeds but we can only use the slowest speed in the house, I'm scared it'll blow the dishes off the table if on high speed    ???   ;D
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

yep, sounds like what I had :anigrin: I remember having it running at 3 (same as yours, three speeds and funny was that it had a button to rotate to choose the speed that started with 0 -off- and then 3, 2, 1! Unlike a hair dryer that goes 0, 1, 2 for instance) and it managed to blow the curtains out the window like flags in the wind, and they were in the room farthest away from it :laughsm:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

fragger

Ceiling fans must be the same the world over. Mine also has a 0,1,2,3 dial, but all logic is defied and 1 is actually the highest setting, not the lowest. The dial only turns one way, so I have to go from OFF straight to the highest setting first (1), then all the way around to 3 if I want the lowest. Who designs these things?

I currently have mine set to propeller mode. It's stinking hot and humid today.

Art Blade

lol, and here sundown's at around 4.30PM because it's winter :anigrin:

yep, the dial of that pedestal fan I had also turned one way only and I had to quickly go through those high-speed settings to get to the slowest one. Silly, really. At least dusting the house wasn't a problem :anigrin:

nex

fragger, most of these fans we use are made by GoldAir in NZ.

fragger

I don't know where mine are from nex, they came with the house. There's no branding on them that I can find.

lol Art :D

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I literally saw my stuff flying through the door into the next room, like newspapers and other light stuff. It was impressive  :gnehe:

fragger

That really is funny to visualize :D

I'm glad you didn't go with it all...

Art Blade

:D and cheers, I'm a tad too heavy to get gone with the wind :gnehe:

nex

Well guys it's that time of the year again.
Wishing you all and your loved ones a blessed and safe festive season and hope to see you all
back in 2023 with all the makings to be a testing time for us here in South Africa.

This video is showing what we can expect

Dweller_Benthos

Funny video, hopefully the winds we are supposed to get tomorrow won't knock out the power. Oh wait, I have a generator so it doesn't much matter! LOL!

Anyway, hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday and new year!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Happy holidays everyone!  Cold here today at minus 2 degrees F, but sunny and beautiful!

Purchased a 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness for my sweetie for X-mas, which is really cool. It is designed to go off-road so we will have plenty of fun this summer on our road trips.

Last summer I took down our old cloth gazebo and replaced it with a metal roof kind. That allows us to enjoy the outdoors in the winter for the first time.

Here is a link to a picture album with some of what we have been up to this winter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jRyst1LzQ4sy83Jr8

Tags:
🡱 🡳