Winter Olympics starting Thursday

Started by PZ, February 06, 2018, 08:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

As always, I'm looking forward to the Olympics, and winter is my favorite. The best part is that I'm retired now, and can waste as much of the day as I want watching the $p@rts.  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

fragger

I'm not a $p@rts guy, but I do like to watch a few of the Winter Olympic events from time to time, like the ski-jumping, bobsledding and the relatively new snowboarding event, which is pretty amazing. Much more thrilling to watch than the "warm" Olympics :gnehe:

mandru

I heard the events of the winter Olympics summed up as various methods of slipping on ice and avoiding falling.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

That does appear to sum it up quite precisely

I was watching curling this morning - kind of like watching the grass grow

Art Blade

mandru

Curling is kind of smooth and serene at the start of each pitch and frantic at the end.
- mandru

Art Blade

Pity you don't get to see a massive brawl at the end, like competitors smashing each other's heads with those rocks and curling brooms.

PZ

They do lots of frantic yelling. One word they all seem to repeatedly use is "hurry!!" Seems kind of strange yelling a the grass to "hurry"

mandru

Art I think the kind of action you are describing better fits hockey.

It's like two angry gangs with hooked sticks and knife shoes fighting over the last Oreo cookie.  ::)
- mandru

Art Blade

I was actually thinking of ice hockey when I composed that post, and perhaps good rough rugby :anigrin:

BinnZ

:laughsm: :thumbsup:

+1 Mandru for your excellent description of Olympic activity :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

mandru

- mandru

fragger

lol mandru, that's the best description of ice hockey I've ever heard :laughsm:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳